Progression now and later??

I have been driving for about 2 1/2 years and my contract statement says I’m in my 4th progression step! I’m currently at $26.04/hour! How does the contract effect me? Do I have to wait another 4 years to top out? I read drivers already in their progression will get a more than $3 dollar raise come August 1st? Any info would help! Thx

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have been driving for about 2 1/2 years and my contract statement says I’m in my 4th progression step! I’m currently at $26.04/hour! How does the contract effect me? Do I have to wait another 4 years to top out? I read drivers already in their progression will get a more than $3 dollar raise come August 1st? Any info would help! Thx

Current progression is

Year 1 - $18.75
Year 2 - $19.50
Year 3 - $21.00
Year 4 - $25.00

Did you become a driver after being in a different full time position, or were you red circled at a higher part time rate? That's about the only way what you are saying makes sense. Though I don't know of any postions that pay $26.04 at any steps in progression. The contract specifically states that you only go through full time progression once, that is not changed in the new contract. If you are in your 4th year of progression, you will top out the next time your seniority date comes around. In the mean time, if the new contract passes as is, the 4th step in progression will be $28 (maybe plus change). Once it is ratified your new rate will be effective retroactively to August 1st, so you will get back pay.

I had to make some assumptions based on the information you provided to come to those conclusions. If you could offer more information about your circumstances, I could probably give you better answers. But you really should do yourself a favor and read the current contract as well as the tentative agreement, you should be able to find the answers you seek.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

original-now-and-later-fruit-chews-126974-i

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

@Turdferguson found your spoon thief

Did you help get him this job

Lmao!!

Current progression is

Year 1 - $18.75
Year 2 - $19.50
Year 3 - $21.00
Year 4 - $25.00

Did you become a driver after being in a different full time position, or were you red circled at a higher part time rate? That's about the only way what you are saying makes sense. Though I don't know of any postions that pay $26.04 at any steps in progression. The contract specifically states that you only go through full time progression once, that is not changed in the new contract. If you are in your 4th year of progression, you will top out the next time your seniority date comes around. In the mean time, if the new contract passes as is, the 4th step in progression will be $28 (maybe plus change). Once it is ratified your new rate will be effective retroactively to August 1st, so you will get back pay.

I had to make some assumptions based on the information you provided to come to those conclusions. If you could offer more information about your circumstances, I could probably give you better answers. But you really should do yourself a favor and read the current contract as well as the tentative agreement, you should be able to find the answers you seek.
Yes that’s correct I make 26.04 a hour! Before the Saturday driving came about I was a Saturday air driver but I worked full time hours during the weak so I was making top pay for about a year! They came and asked did I want to go full time driving and I said no because I would drop down to $18.75. About a week later they asked me did I want to go cover driving and I excepted because I would start at about $24.75. I cover drove for about a year then was asked to become a full time driver again and this time I excepted! So currently I’m a full time driver and have been the past 2 1/2 years! That’s why I was wandering what’s my progressive steps and how I would be effected by new contract!

Yes that’s correct I make 26.04 a hour! Before the Saturday driving came about I was a Saturday air driver but I worked full time hours during the weak so I was making top pay for about a year! They came and asked did I want to go full time driving and I said no because I would drop down to $18.75. About a week later they asked me did I want to go cover driving and I excepted because I would start at about $24.75. I cover drove for about a year then was asked to become a full time driver again and this time I excepted! So currently I’m a full time driver and have been the past 2 1/2 years! That’s why I was wandering what’s my progressive steps and how I would be effected by new contract!

RolloTony Brown Town

I’m making an assumption but it sounds like they red circled your air driving rate as it was higher than what your pay would’ve been as a ft ground pkg driver.

There’s a lot of knowledge here so I’m sure someone here has been through that and would know.

UPSCOMPLETESME

Anyone know what will happen to the air drivers who have not reached their 2 year progression yet, which is when they are suppose to get top pay..... the new contract is changing their progression to 4 years....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do you live on $26 a hour? Ocean front rentals are expensive.