Progression

542thruNthru

This thread is dope AF
giphy-23.gif

If it hasn't happened in your area.... it will.

They have pkg drivers picking them up, and PM air drivers are having to bump to other positions.
We have had 2 EAM drivers and a PM driver working FT seasonal right now. Rumors are one more PM route will disappear and switch her to EAM. But no one has been laid off.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Seems like a two year progression is fair. You do your PT years, make full time with the current obscene standards during packet and make it two years, you're vested IMO.

nWo

Took me over 15 years to top out. We have guys going ft in less than a year now. 22.4 is bs. Don't get me wrong. But people are getting ft opportunities pretty quickly now. So I would have preferred being a 22.4 10 years ago than having to wait a decade to be ft.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Did they even finish filling all the full time positions? Doubt the company will budge on progression but rather try to make part time/pvd without progession.

Thebrownblob

7 years 10 months part-time, then another 2 years to top scale for me.

All told, took me almost 10 years to top out.

It's not taking nearly that long these days.
Most new 22.4 drivers in my building will be a topscale RPCD pay in 4 years. Many of them a year or less part time. I was also 10 years total the top scale RPCD eight part time two year progression.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Took me over 15 years to top out. We have guys going ft in less than a year now. 22.4 is bs. Don't get me wrong. But people are getting ft opportunities pretty quickly now. So I would have preferred being a 22.4 10 years ago than having to wait a decade to be ft.
Depends upon when you were hired. I started in 1989 during a period of growth. There were three of us and all three were full time within a year. This is one of the biggest growth periods in modern history which is why you are seeing the quick jump to FT.