Proper introduction -- First Post.

PackageGhoul

Box Ghost
Not everyone can leave a positive first impression through their writing.. But, I hope my attempt is close. I don't feel comfortable giving out too much information about myself or the HUB I work at due to some of the policies in place when it comes to posting online. So I will introduce myself as PackageGhoul! I have been with the company for a little over two years, as of making this post.. And unlike most of you who seem to have had several negative experiences with UPS, I have had a decent experience thus far.

I have always lurked on the forums and decided to join and start some conversations with other past/present/future employees.
Fingers crossed I make some solid connections!

Anyways, it's nice to meet you (reader).

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Welcome. Generally speaking, whether someone has a positive or negative experience on a job has a lot to do with their supervisors, and some with coworkers. Some people come here to try to figure out how to deal with a negative situation, and some have been with the company long enough to accumulate negative feelings, so you are seeing a skewed sampling of the UPS population. I'd say most of us like the job well enough, but come here to commiserate about the more irritating aspects and blow off some steam.

Est.1998

Not everyone can leave a positive first impression through their writing.. But, I hope my attempt is close. I don't feel comfortable giving out too much information about myself or the HUB I work at due to some of the policies in place when it comes to posting online. So I will introduce myself as PackageGhoul! I have been with the company for a little over two years, as of making this post.. And unlike most of you who seem to have had several negative experiences with UPS, I have had a decent experience thus far.

I have always lurked on the forums and decided to join and start some conversations with other past/present/future employees.
Fingers crossed I make some solid connections!

Anyways, it's nice to meet you (reader).
What is it you do at your hub?
2 years in, I'm assuming you've elevated to the ranks of sorter/pickoff.

PackageGhoul

Box Ghost
What is it you do at your hub?
2 years in, I'm assuming you've elevated to the ranks of sorter/pickoff.
I was offered a supervisor position, but turned it down when I realized supervisors aren't in the union. When I was hired I was going to be a sorter, but free comfortable in the unload. I've also worked box line on the slide alongside the clerk. Regardless, these "elevated" positions only guarantee hours without much difference in pay.

I am an avid learner and adaptable at the tasks I find within the company. 🤷‍♂️

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I was offered a supervisor position, but turned it down when I realized supervisors aren't in the union. When I was hired I was going to be a sorter, but free comfortable in the unload. I've also worked box line on the slide alongside the clerk. Regardless, these "elevated" positions only guarantee hours without much difference in pay.

Wait,

Are you telling us you asked questions and did your own homework before accepting a new position?

Dammit your post should be a sticky somewhere.

Welcome @PackageGhoul

newfie

p/t supervisors make a lot more money than p/t hub hourlies though you will eventually catch up if you stay hourly long enough.