Proud of my management team

scisector9

So obviously today is Halloween. In my neck of the woods we have several metropolitan areas we service. Some do trick or treat the day before some the day of. On today the 31st we have trick or treating in one of the wealthier communities we service that is on my route.

Anyway I was approached by my on car this morning saying we took some of your pick ups off of you. Why? I asked.

Well we want you off the streets before x community starts trick or treat. I jokingly asked if they doubted my skills and they said no we are trying to minimize all routes in that area after dark.

They put in a split car and moved pick ups around so the heavily trick or treated rich community drivers wouldn't be out dodging kids all night. Last year I was helping another driver in the same community all through trick or treat hours.

Long story short I was impressed with the intended planning and attention to detail. Way to back words of safety with safe business decisions and actions. Kudos.

Cheers

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
They use to do that here: Preload started early, extra routes were built & driver helpers were dispatch so that drivers could leave as early as 7:45AM and get back ASAP... they stopped two years ago. Probably a combination of the uncertainty of air's arrival -- sometimes at 7AM, other times past 8 -- and drivers who stayed out late no matter what for the $$$.

On a related note, my community tried moving trick-or-treating to the last Saturday of October, which is ridiculous IMO. Didn't last more than a year...

ManInBrown

Dispatches here have been REALLY light for a few weeks, due to the fact we have a lot of casuals that haven't made their 30 yet. Those routes have been going out super light, and splits that are normally in 1 or 2 days a week have been in 4 days. The calm before the peak storm.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Nothing like that here. In fact, a route was cut last minute because the precious stops per car metric was getting too low.

Profits before people always!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
routes were cut in my building and many of us came in after 8 pm. This is the last week of the year i can file for 9.5 so it's all good

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So obviously today is Halloween. In my neck of the woods we have several metropolitan areas we service. Some do trick or treat the day before some the day of. On today the 31st we have trick or treating in one of the wealthier communities we service that is on my route.

Anyway I was approached by my on car this morning saying we took some of your pick ups off of you. Why? I asked.

Well we want you off the streets before x community starts trick or treat. I jokingly asked if they doubted my skills and they said no we are trying to minimize all routes in that area after dark.

They put in a split car and moved pick ups around so the heavily trick or treated rich community drivers wouldn't be out dodging kids all night. Last year I was helping another driver in the same community all through trick or treat hours.

Long story short I was impressed with the intended planning and attention to detail. Way to back words of safety with safe business decisions and actions. Kudos.

Cheers

I see some political pressure from the people in the "wealthier community" to get the brown trucks off the streets before their kiddies went out.

Who gives a flying leap about the less advantaged kids, right?

PT Car Washer

I see some political pressure from the people in the "wealthier community" to get the brown trucks off the streets before their kiddies went out.

Who gives a flying leap about the less advantaged kids, right?
That is what I was thinking when he emphasized "the wealthier communities". Someone with a lot of pull made a request and the local UPS management team honored it. Un believable.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Too many vacations and injuries right now. We have no bodies to put behind the wheels even with sups going out with preloaders in the jump seat doing nothing. Went out with 200 on a route that's needs 140. Hit the kid friendly neighborhoods early.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Sent a bunch of drivers home today....punched out at 8. Dodged kids for the last 2 hrs on my route and now Im a nervous wreck. Thanks alot Brown

Future

Victory Ride

Cheers
Really? You think that is the reason? Its because they dont want a major lawsuit or bad PR in the World if one of our trucks kills a tricker - or treater.....Bottom line that is the reason!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We had a lot of extra routes today to make sure our guys got back before the kids started heading out. It was actually kind of nice. Guys got home early enough to go out with their kids, the sort ended early, and management was out training seasonals.

I bet there was some number destruction going down, but it's the responsible thing to do. Management brought in some candy for everybody, and everybody was in a good mood. I wish everyday was like this. Happy Team, Happy Friday. Great way to kick off the weekend.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had a lot of extra routes today to make sure our guys got back before the kids started heading out. It was actually kind of nice. Guys got home early enough to go out with their kids, the sort ended early, and management was out training seasonals.

I bet there was some number destruction going down, but it's the responsible thing to do. Management brought in some candy for everybody, and everybody was in a good mood. I wish everyday was like this. Happy Team, Happy Friday. Great way to kick off the weekend.

This was the first time in over a year that it wasn't friend me Friday. It was nice to have a good day, be in early, and have no injuries / accidents today.