Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

PT Package Handler to FT Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tyler Bryant, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Tbry10

Tbry10 New Member

Hello,
    I recently started a part time position at my local hub as a package handler and this particular hub has already asked if I would be interested in driving. The PT Sup didn't know how I could apply internally on UPSERS.com and I checked it out and could only find how to apply internally for management or corporate positions. Can anyone help me out with some guidance? Thanks!

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

not full-time , you will be part-time but work 50 hours a week ...yes I know , it’s hard to understand at first and should be illegal

3. Tbry10

Tbry10 New Member

Ok, do you know how to apply internally on upsers.com for driving positions?

4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

The supervisor who asked you to become a driver should already know this and get you ready for driving school , talk to the center manager at your building

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Go to HR. Your FT manager should know who HR is in your building or a number for them.

Or you would sign a bid sheet. Depending where you are it could be either one.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Should be a PT to FT package delivery driver intent sheet posted somewhere in your building. Don't expect your PT sup to know anything besides his name. You are going to have to ask some of the older PT and or FT Union members for some guidance.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

:lol:

8. Tbry10

Tbry10 New Member

Ah okay. The two FT on road sups are morning generally and I get in at 5pm, dealing with the two PT sups. Hopefully I can get through to the FTers.
    So I don't need to apply internally online?

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

This is where taking initiative comes into play. Show up at like 1030-11 am and talk to one of the on roads in person.

10. PT Crazy

PT Crazy Active Member

Sign a driving bid.