Pt preload and overtime during peak

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
my center manager (who luckily we know many of the same people and get along great, but that probably doesn't matter) told me basically during peak you can work as much as you want.

I know anything over 5 hours as a part time employee is overtime, but what happens if I go over 8 hours on the day? Will I be getting overtime after 5 or will I be considered full time during that period and only hit OT after 8? Thanks

Your boy, matty_lawn

km3

I know anything over 5 hours as a part time employee is overtime, but what happens if I go over 8 hours on the day? Will I be getting overtime after 5 or will I be considered full time during that period and only hit OT after 8? Thanks

From what I've read on here, some buildings revert you to straight time for the first 8 hours if you reach that point, and OT is only after 8. My building is easy: OT after 5 hours. Period. 6th punch is ALL time and a half, and the seventh punch is all double time.

So if you work 20 hour days during peak, which some people around here did, 15 of those hours will be paid at 1.5x.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
From what I've read on here, some buildings revert you to straight time for the first 8 hours if you reach that point, and OT is only after 8. My building is easy: OT after 5 hours. Period. 6th punch is ALL time and a half, and the seventh punch is all double time.

So if you work 20 hour days during peak, which some people around here did, 15 of those hours will be paid at 1.5x.

20 hour days during peak? how?

I consider myself a hard worker but wtf

km3

20 hour days during peak? how?

I consider myself a hard worker but wtf

Good question. I've only made it up to 15 hours myself. I assume many of those guys were certified to do easy jobs like hazmat responding or driving irreg trains. They probably only had to do one of the harder jobs like unloading/loading/preloading for one shift, then it was all gravy. Management here is pretty easy-going on double shifters, especially during peak, so even amongst the harder jobs, they would've gotten an easy assignment anyway.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Good question. I've only made it up to 15 hours myself. I assume many of those guys were certified to do easy jobs like hazmat responding or driving irreg trains. They probably only had to do one of the harder jobs like unloading/loading/preloading for one shift, then it was all gravy. Management here is pretty easy-going on double shifters, especially during peak, so even amongst the harder jobs, they would've gotten an easy assignment anyway.

Good info, thank you

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In the 177, if you work over 5, you have the right to work 8. Overtime is only once you go over 8 hours in a day.

Dr.Brownz

my center manager (who luckily we know many of the same people and get along great, but that probably doesn't matter) told me basically during peak you can work as much as you want.

Your boy, matty_lawn

LOL as much as YOU want. More like your supervisors will pressure you to work however much they need you to work

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When I was younger and had more energy and stuff, the max I worked was in the 70's hour range. I have seen some people going 90-100 hours in the hub during peak.

Since you work in a small building matty_lawn, your opportunities will vary. If you can get 2am-3pm type hours, that will probably be your max. Between preload and driver helper.

The best I did was in 2008-2009, when I was FT and just reached the then 24/hr top rate. 60-80/hr weeks, OT any thing over 40hr or any 6th or 7th punch. (New England_)

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
When I was younger and had more energy and stuff, the max I worked was in the 70's hour range. I have seen some people going 90-100 hours in the hub during peak.

Since you work in a small building matty_lawn, your opportunities will vary. If you can get 2am-3pm type hours, that will probably be your max. Between preload and driver helper.

The best I did was in 2008-2009, when I was FT and just reached the then 24/hr top rate. 60-80/hr weeks, OT any thing over 40hr or any 6th or 7th punch. (New England_)

Do you know where I can find out how large my hub is compared to others in my state or New England? I'm actually curious. I have no idea if mine is considered big or small

dudebro

Your boy, matty_lawn
I believe going on road as a helper is technically a second shift in a different job class, so OT over 8 not 5.

greenroomgal

At my hub. Anything over 4 hours on a shift. Anything over 8 hours per day. And if you work 6days the 6th day is ALL OT!!

Your boy, matty_lawn