PT Sup to FT Driver

PTPCS

Can anyone tell me why UPS is now requiring pt sup's to go through the MAPP process when they are trying to fill the outside hire spot?

PACNW

I was told by a friend in HR that they were going to try to find a way to get P/T Sups to commit to putting their letter in for management when the go driving. Almost no P/T Sups have been going back into management. It's nowhere near worth it. Traditionally that spot is meant for sups to get some on road experience before going back into management.

Andorian440

As it is, going back into management would require a pay cut and a cut in benefits. They seem to be having A LOT of trouble getting good people into the On Road Supervisor positions. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it mandatory that you will have to go back into management if called upon or lose your job.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did not go back, I never would. it was my dream to be in mgmt. Years later, I know I could not do what they do. I am me, I irkl them, I have a union, and I do everything correctly, customers love me, and Im as late as the worst employee on file. But I know in my heart, I do it the right way.