PT Supervisor threatening to issue write-ups over misloads

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don't stack anything but long boxes since they are usually a hazzard in your load. They stack like lumber real nice and secure up against the back of the cars.
Load one piece at a time. If I can do 200pph one box at a time, anybody can. (this can be as low as 140 though LOL)
If it's a belt: fk it let pieces zip past you.
That's all I have for you, If you work the area long enough maybe also consider memorizing the route addresses/splits since it adds an extra layer where you can catch misloads.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
When/if this happens, can I grieve it?
How exactly does one file a grievance?
I've never done so.
Also, this sup routinely does work inside the building, whether it be helping to load trucks, helping to pull, or getting into the trailer to unload.
So far I have looked the other way because I wanted to be a team player and just get the job done, but if they are looking to bring down the hammer on me over misloads then is there any way I could get in trouble for starting to file on the sup every time he does work? Or would that be retaliation.
why shouldn't they?????

do your job right and you'll have no problems ( on misloads )

Lysandra

Don't stack anything but long boxes since they are usually a hazzard in your load. They stack like lumber real nice and secure up against the back of the cars.
Load one piece at a time. If I can do 200pph one box at a time, anybody can. (this can be as low as 140 though LOL)
If it's a belt: fk it let pieces zip past you.
That's all I have for you, If you work the area long enough maybe also consider memorizing the route addresses/splits since it adds an extra layer where you can catch misloads.

Not stacking out is literally impossible for my pull. I have 80-110 piece bulk stops that "go" in RDL and RDR alone.
They all have to be stacked out and then the entire truck bricked out from floor to ceiling front to back at the end of the shift. My trucks have 300+ pieces and occasionally drift into the 400s. I also get giant oversized stuff like refrigerates, generators, and mattresses every day that have to be stacked out or else I won't be able to walk the aisle. Yes, there is routinely no egress in my area.
One at a time also impossible. No way to keep up otherwise.

advice to a new hire

I'm not a new hire I've been with the company for several years.
Which is actually longer than the sup in question now that I think about it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
First.... slow down and stop misloading.

Find your Shop Steward and ask for a grievance form. File a Supervisor working grievance. Article 3 section 7 of the NMA.

Your shop steward should be able to help you with this. Just remember that your sup will be coming after you as well so you better stop misloading packages.
Pretty much all of this

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Not stacking out is literally impossible for my pull. I have 80-110 piece bulk stops that "go" in RDL and RDR alone.
They all have to be stacked out and then the entire truck bricked out from floor to ceiling front to back at the end of the shift. My trucks have 300+ pieces and occasionally drift into the 400s. I also get giant oversized stuff like refrigerates, generators, and mattresses every day that have to be stacked out or else I won't be able to walk the aisle. Yes, there is routinely no egress in my area.

Let your route crash and burn, when the sup asks why you say cause you’re being careful with misloads and he will prey on another victim. You have been here a few years you should know this by now..

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Sounds like you need to care less
Stack tables and gaps with carts in them are for stacking, you don't have a space to stack, don't stack. Nothing in the methods tell you to stack anything but RDC, follow the methods lol. Your drivers will be a lot more comfortable when mgmt is forced to move the bulk to another car even if it is torture initially.

No such thing as keeping up. You don't keep up, you load at pace x and the volume comes at pace y, y-x = don't care let it be leave it alone let it pass.

fast unloads are for idiot management teams trying to find a quick solution, fast unloads are never the answer and never produce good results. slow unloads (in my experience) are only ever the result of bad attendance, low morale and malfunctioning equipment. All 3 are aggravated by a fast unload philosophy.

The fridges and generators are generally short enough to fit under a shelf, the mattress gets stacked out. It is a safety hazzard to have irregs in a car that you can trip on. It is also a safety hazzard for pieces to be stacked too far out on the floor. You can press the big red button when both happen and slowly move irregs away from your assignment.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

When you file on a sup for working, how do they determine whether or not it's legitimate?
Like what is the proof that you would have to give to show that they were actually working?
Couldn't they just deny it?
Sups never work at my building. They are training. Even when the person they are training is in another trailer loading. Grievance denied.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
"if you file a grievance you will be shown the door" guess i should have been showed the door many times in the past year, i file weekly and yet im still here,

ihateloading

Snatch the load sheet off the trailer wall and say you didn’t know if the box belonged or not. Everybody at UPS does it.

I once had like 8 misloads one day lol I wasn’t checking :censored2: lmao. My sups, even my full time sup, jokes with me about it all the time. They weren’t doing write up’s at the time tho. But when they are doing write ups, just (check the packages and don’t load misloads first and foremost) snatch that load sheet and toss it behind a wall of boxes bro.

If they ask why you didn’t check for a load sheet at the beginning, say you were looking for a load stand and forgot or something.

Or just take the L for failing to check the SLIC on packages. :censored2: happens and we load misloads sometimes. Take the L and move on. The PT sup likely isn’t writing you up to be malicious. It’s something higher ups want him/her to do