PT trying to go fulltime

Howe909

i am pt trying to go FT, the last 3 years i been working my per-load shift and then getting called in the night sort any where from 3-5 times a week most of the time all 5 days is there any loopholes i can do to slip into ft.. been with ups for just about 7 years and in my hub beenthe next person to go to driving school for over 4 years seems like i been stuck where i am for ever!!!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sorry, there are no loop holes. When you double-shift, you're offering to perform extra work that would otherwise be performed by non-bargaining employees.

Howe909

Yea thats what i figured... it is nice extra cash even thou the guy i with 2weeks on me drives and laughs at me every night that drives :(

ibleedbrown

Yea thats what i figured... it is nice extra cash even thou the guy i with 2weeks on me drives and laughs at me every night that drives :(

I would suggest trying a seasonal driving bid first. Ups is making it very hard to qualify your first time around. Unless your a natural or have some sort of driving experience its very tough to qualify. I have been advised to go Saturday air driving to gain some experience. Good luck!!

Howe909

i even been a driver helper atleast 8 times this year cause we are short drivers so one of the on roads sup drive and i run the packages

anonymous4

I am past 7 years and was looking ahead since the beginning. That doesn't help and it has turned into a longer wait. For you pt air driving and if you're lucky (if you call it that), your supplement has this bright spot about part-time cover drivers 'reducing' progression. How many more full-time jobs are lost with the opening of ptcd? How much longer will the wait for driving become with this type of language? It will be exploited for every last drop like everything else. Enter, used-car salesman. Make us feel good about being boned by screwing us more.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Back in the day before the recession in my neck of the woods it was only like maybe 1.5 to 2 year wait to go fulltime. Nowadays its crazy and the crazier part about it is these numbnutts making more money than ever lol. I dont know man only god knows why lol. But good luck though and just stay persistent if thats the way your trying to go dude.

pharacyde

13yrs..... just now got called up to feeder school, and I'm an alternate at that. It's the first full time position I've had a shot at in my hub since I've been here.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I must not be good at reading because I didn't think thread was "Please boast about how quickly you got a full-time job". Having said that, good luck to original poster. It is worth the wait for the hardest job in the world. PM me if you need some UPS socks or any questions about going into feeders. Lol