PTers and FTers in progression retro check/future wages

Kis124

My buddy at work got his pay. He just hit a year, was making 10.50. His break down was 7hours at 11.20, 7 hours at 11.50 and 4 hours sick pay at 10.50. Weird. Hopefully that will get fixed by next week. Mine was right I got my .70 for the whole week

Sent using BrownCafe App

Blackstream

The "$0.99" raise is from a PT'er in the last year of his progression receiving the scheduled $0.87 raise + the $0.12 COLA raise we received 3+ years ago. COLA raises are tacked onto the "final" wage rate for someone finished with progression.
So now I'm wondering, what happens when I hit my 4th year seniority come august 16th. Will I get this 12 cent COL added on depsite all my bumpups I've gotten from this new contract? Or will it just get lost in the shuffle?

My local also diverted 25 cents from the pension as a raise for PTers, that supposedly also has that 4th year tack on rule thing. So in theory, will I get all of that on august 16th when I hit 4 years, or will I get none of it?

Zenkenite

Hi! New here to the forum, have been reading for awhile though...
So I'm going to dive in by asking a question regarding the raises (haha hopefully I don't seem dumb because all of this is confusing me). Everything I've heard lead me to think that I would be getting a 70 cent raise when the new contract went into effect.

I was hired and started on June 10th 2013. I reached my 30 days and got my seniority July 22nd 2013 (I signed the paper my union rep gave me that day too). Have paid dues every month including that July. I am a part time preloader. So I was making $9.50, after 90 days went to $10.50 and then this week's paycheck put me at $11.00. So I'm confused if the 50 cent raise is correct. I did talk to a union guy on Friday who was there when I was working, but he didn't seem to have a clear answer for me either. He said he thinks I should get the 70 cents but had to look into it.
Thanks for any help!

Zenkenite

Thanks! How does it work though, that it's 70 cents retro but the raise is 50 cents? Not complaining because I would have thought since the raise was 50 cents then the retro would have been 50 cents... 70 cents is better! haha

Quigley

Thanks! How does it work though, that it's 70 cents retro but the raise is 50 cents? Not complaining because I would have thought since the raise was 50 cents then the retro would have been 50 cents... 70 cents is better! haha
Thats going to be one of those payroll nightmares trying to figure out all the raises and differences. Wait see what you get and hopefully its the full.70 but I wouldnt spend it just yet.

upschuck

I was hired and started on June 10th 2013. I reached my 30 days and got my seniority July 22nd 2013 (I signed the paper my union rep gave me that day too). Have paid dues every month including that July. I am a part time preloader. So I was making $9.50, after 90 days went to $10.50 and then this week's paycheck put me at $11.00. So I'm confused if the 50 cent raise is correct. I did talk to a union guy on Friday who was there when I was working, but he didn't seem to have a clear answer for me either. He said he thinks I should get the 70 cents but had to look into it.
You should get $1.50 retro from aug 1 to Sept 8(90 days) when your pay should have gone to 10.50(old contract). From then to current paycheck should get 50¢ difference from $11 and $10.50.