Pull previous DR's notes?

U

Updog07

So, my knee and leg are messed up...swollen really bad for about two days. I go to the doc today who orders me an ultrasound to check for blood clots. No clots. Thank God. I'm getting an X-ray of the knee tomorrow. I get a note for work tonight and call in to my supe. He says to make sure to bring my note and that he's got to pull any previous notes. What's that about? I haven't even been out sick recently.

By The Book

So, my knee and leg are messed up...swollen really bad for about two days. I go to the doc today who orders me an ultrasound to check for blood clots. No clots. Thank God. I'm getting an X-ray of the knee tomorrow. I get a note for work tonight and call in to my supe. He says to make sure to bring my note and that he's got to pull any previous notes. What's that about? I haven't even been out sick recently.
Don't worry about it. If you've missed more than a few days due to your situation he wants to account for the days missed. If you've nothing to hide and would normally take a note in, take a note in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never realized that they kept previous expired doctor's notes but, yes, those would need to be pulled when you hand in a new one.

How many doctor's notes are we talking about here?

GenericUsername

According to what I recall from reading in the contract, you only need to have a note for missing three consecutive days or more. Don't quote me on it because I'm not 100% sure where I read it, but for a single day it is not necessary to have a dr note.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Most likely they will want to send you to one of their doctors who will probably turn around and say that there is nothing wrong with you go figure.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pay the vig so they wont have to break the other kneecap.

law-order-organized_crime-broken_kneecap-legitimate-legitimatize-criminals-jcon6670_low.jpg

MendozaJ

He has two swollen knees which are preventing from performing his duties to his capability, hence the request for the doctor's note.

He doesn't need to tell them that for any reason if he expects to return within a couple of days.

What I don't understand is why they didn't do the x-ray that day. Come back for an x-ray? What kind of place is this?