Purple payout

SmithBarney

VAN you should get yours, I got mine the first year I was hired. Didn't get much of one this year.. used up all my sick days *cough *cough although I did get one, I can't figure out how they figured it.. it's like for 2hrs... LOL

vantexan

Hmmmm.............that's strange.

Did you work the entire fiscal year? (Just grasping at straws here.)
That was the reason, 6 weeks shy of a full fiscal year. Why not give a prorated amount? I could take paid sick days but not get the bonus for not taking them. Right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That was the reason, 6 weeks shy of a full fiscal year. Why not give a prorated amount? I could take paid sick days but not get the bonus for not taking them. Right.
So your manager acknowledged this? Like you said they could have prorated the amount. Stupid policies.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Any way to scroo ya....they probably would've deprived you of it if you were 6 minutes shy of a full fiscal year.

vantexan

So your manager acknowledged this? Like you said they could have prorated the amount. Stupid policies.
Yep, and now I'm wondering if I'll get the PPP contribution since I didn't work the full fiscal year. Anyone know when that info is sent to us?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ya we had a note posted stating full yr req.... bunch a BS but then I use my sick time for mental health days.

If the requirements to receive your Purple Payout were clearly outlined and you did not meet those requirements you should not be surprised that you did not receive payment.

I do agree that provisions for a prorated amount should have been made.

vantexan

If the requirements to receive your Purple Payout were clearly outlined and you did not meet those requirements you should not be surprised that you did not receive payment.

I do agree that provisions for a prorated amount should have been made.
Might have been outlined where he's at, but I'm a domicile, and mgr was even surprised I didn't get it. Point is at $16hr I need that bonus, and felt I earned it working when I was sick. Before you start telling me I shouldn't work sick it was a week before Christmas and station is 125 miles from start of route and being Peak I had twice the normal freight. I did exactly what they hoped for by giving the sick day bonus, just didn't get it. Waiting now to see if I get the pension contribution, which should be around $3200.

SmithBarney

What was the purple promise called on our check stub? Oh geez I can't wait for these responses. Lol.

Anywhere there isn't anything written on the paystub, is the purple promise...

I usually find most of the purple promise on the second page of my paystub (we do all get 2 pages right?) I've been getting a blank second page for 3 years now.. talk about wasting money...

Goldilocks

Might have been outlined where he's at, but I'm a domicile, and mgr was even surprised I didn't get it. Point is at $16hr I need that bonus, and felt I earned it working when I was sick. Before you start telling me I shouldn't work sick it was a week before Christmas and station is 125 miles from start of route and being Peak I had twice the normal freight. I did exactly what they hoped for by giving the sick day bonus, just didn't get it. Waiting now to see if I get the pension contribution, which should be around $3200.

What's that van? I think WE are calling it quits soon. Maybe by feb.. We are done!

StuffItFred

This morning our SM announced in Stretch & Lie that the Purple Helmet payout would be July 24th and it was based on your previous YEARS salary and the multiplier was 62% up from 9% last payput on 6 months earnings. Some sheeple started doing math and thinking we are getting thousands! I remember the most we ever got was around $300 but that was 15yrs + ago.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This morning our SM announced in Stretch & Lie that the Purple Helmet payout would be July 24th and it was based on your previous YEARS salary and the multiplier was 62% up from 9% last payput on 6 months earnings. Some sheeple started doing math and thinking we are getting thousands! I remember the most we ever got was around $300 but that was 15yrs + ago.

62% up from 9% would be 14.6%. Not thousands but a nice bonus nonetheless.

AutoDG

So many different replies/answers to this. What is the actual % we will be making? 14.6% off of 6months salary? Or off of our annual salary? Still a bit preplexing

TUT

So many different replies/answers to this. What is the actual % we will be making? 14.6% off of 6months salary? Or off of our annual salary? Still a bit preplexing

I'd be wary thinking 14.6% off any salary, that's a pretty sizable bonus for a common non-management position. I could be wrong, but that would be impressive, I hope so for everyone. Just saying, don't get hopes to high on that.