Putting in my 2 weeks notice tomorrow (srs)

klolx

Please respect srs tag

So I talked to hr and my full time sup today about giving my 2 weeks notice tomorrow. I will be going back to school full time. I just don't see myself working for UPS for the next 20 years, don't get me wrong I loved the experience, great sups and co workers. I actually felt sad knowing I will be leaving UPS but it's time for me to move on.

"Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.”

btrlov

Honestly you should consider doing both at the same time. Fulltime school is good but it often is just a bunch of state workers, over paid paper pushers, and Professors whom use power point slides more than they actually teach. An industrial money machine that perpetuates itself often losing the spirit of education.

Make sure you get good grades, kiss up to instructors(so they can write a decent letter of rec later on, if u wanna go for grad school) and do internships. Make sure your major is targeted and marketable. keep ups on the back burner till you get a good internship.

Take it from a college grad, school can be a tremendous waste of time and money w/o planning

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you should stick with UPS till you finish school, even if it takes longer

the extra dosh every week is always good, and don't forget the tuition assistance UPS offers

working up a sweat

I recommend talking to your sup about getting on the re-hire list. You stated that your time there in a positive manner. You never know about the future, you might want to come back someday. Also get a withdrawal card from your union local. If in the case you come back, you will not have to pay initiation fees again.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Good for you. Do yourself a favor and find a useful major. College is a waste of time and money if you are getting into a field where there is no real-world demand.

Best wishes!

klolx

Thank you for the replies. I have everything planned and got the max pell grants and financial aid for school and will also be getting GI bill from the military as well as housing allowance. So I'm not too worried about anything. I will also be doing work study at my school so I'll have extra money for myself. As much as I hated UPS, there's still a part of me that loves everything about it. It is pretty bitter sweet.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Thank you for the replies. I have everything planned and got the max pell grants and financial aid for school and will also be getting GI bill from the military as well as housing allowance. So I'm not too worried about anything. I will also be doing work study at my school so I'll have extra money for myself. As much as I hated UPS, there's still a part of me that loves everything about it. It is pretty bitter sweet.

Well gee, you could have mentioned all that in the beginning (not that it's any of our business).

Reach for the stars my friend for the whole world is out there if you want it bad enough. Good luck.

rocket man

thank you for the replies. I have everything planned and got the max pell grants and financial aid for school and will also be getting gi bill from the military as well as housing allowance. So i'm not too worried about anything. I will also be doing work study at my school so i'll have extra money for myself. As much as i hated ups, there's still a part of me that loves everything about it. It is pretty bitter sweet.
if you have military reup finish 20

btrlov

I haven't even touched my gi bill yet because i graduated before joining the military. And I wont touch until I Know that grad school/professional school/trade etc will teach me something that I like and most importantly, IN DEMAND/MARKETABLE. Re-up in the Navy, Coast Guard reserve or air national guard... complete your 20 and get a easy pension from that. Stay pt UPS....if your going away for school then arrange for an educational transfer. If the school is expensive Utilize UPS tuition assistance, so you can pocket more of your pell and BAH. KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN!

velle1203

Congratulations!Like others said If you can stay do so and take advantage of the tuition help and weekly "change".But if your carrying a heavy course load then school would have to be your main focus.I feel you on the bittersweet part!Im taking up 15 credits this semester and 2 are online.I have a sub teaching license and contemplated staying on overnights.Follow your heart I'm pretty sure it'll lead you the right way 'god":wink2: