Putting up bid sheets for upcoming vacationing routes

PeasAndCarrots

Ive looked and looked in this book and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've heard that management is supposed to put up a bid sheet 1-2 weeks prior for bid routes that will be open due to vacations. Is this in the book anywhere or is it just a center-by-center decision?

To be more clear, I'm talking about if a bid driver is scheduled to go on vacation in 2 weeks, then a bid list would be put up for swing drivers to bid on that route for that week.

By The Book

Ive looked and looked in this book and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've heard that management is supposed to put up a bid sheet 1-2 weeks prior for bid routes that will be open due to vacations. Is this in the book anywhere or is it just a center-by-center decision?

To be more clear, I'm talking about if a bid driver is scheduled to go on vacation in 2 weeks, then a bid list would be put up for swing drivers to bid on that route for that week.
It should be in your supplement, if you have that language. It may say something like if the bid driver is off for more than a week.

By The Book

According to the local it is acceptable. We just have to notify cover drivers who are on vacation as to what routes are open and if they would like to bid.
Two days at best if it's posted before Thursday's start time, and a lot of extra work on your part. Maybe easier in your area, thanks for even doing it.

UPSjedi41

Ours is posted on Monday night or Tuesday morning. It usually gone Thursday morning after all the drivers leave in the AM so staffing can be done for the following week.