QPR

pretzel_man

My FT manager cared so little, he had me rate myself. What a system.

Please clarify.....

Everyone rates themselves. It's part of the review. You see what you said, what your peers said, and what your manager said.

You supervisor had you login as him / her and enter your score?

What did he / she do different than the process?

curiousbrain

Please clarify.....

Everyone rates themselves. It's part of the review. You see what you said, what your peers said, and what your manager said.

You supervisor had you login as him / her and enter your score?

What did he / she do different than the process?

Amazingly, I was 'Fully Acceptable.'

jimg89

We just got our QPR numbers back. Apparently, we're only getting our raised based on what our FT sups say on our evaluation. Our numbers were garbage this past year. Last year I got .60 cents, curious to see what this years raise will be.

upscorpis

Anyone else notice the change in the expected distribution of the curve? Fewer above AP, more below AP and at AP when compared to last year. Is that just in IS or is it everywhere? Any theories as to why? These changes run counter to what I would expect. Assuming less than AP folks were being coached up or out over the last three years, shouldn't we expect fewer below AP? I only see one way to interpret this but before I state it, I was hoping someone might see or know something I don't.

2BOver

Anyone else notice the change in the expected distribution of the curve? Fewer above AP, more below AP and at AP when compared to last year. Is that just in IS or is it everywhere? Any theories as to why? These changes run counter to what I would expect.

It's what the company wants because it means less money to dole out in raises, less MIP in the coming years, etc.....

If they don't get it, they will "normalize" the district to get it to where they expect it to be.

pretzel_man

It's what the company wants because it means less money to dole out in raises, less MIP in the coming years, etc.....

If they don't get it, they will "normalize" the district to get it to where they expect it to be.

Raises will be handled differently this year.

Individual raises will be based on QPR score and Comp Ratio.

Some of this is positive. Makes sure those lower paid get more.

johnbuck

Anyone else notice the change in the expected distribution of the curve? Fewer above AP, more below AP and at AP when compared to last year. Is that just in IS or is it everywhere? Any theories as to why? These changes run counter to what I would expect. Assuming less than AP folks were being coached up or out over the last three years, shouldn't we expect fewer below AP? I only see one way to interpret this but before I state it, I was hoping someone might see or know something I don't.

We were told by my grade 16 manager that he was told from above to rate everyone AP. If not he would have to redo QBRs scores. A few days later HR had meeting with grade 20s and told them that too many people were rated AP and above AP and it most be changed. Complete Bull****

upscorpis

If that's really what they want, then the should just distribute the raises that way vs. having to "strongly encourage" conforming QPR scores to the curve. Let the scores fall and then distribute what you want to the tiers based on top 6%, the next 16%, the middle 52%, etc.

BURMDPsupe

We were told by my grade 16 manager that he was told from above to rate everyone AP. If not he would have to redo QBRs scores. A few days later HR had meeting with grade 20s and told them that too many people were rated AP and above AP and it most be changed. Complete Bull****

Yep. All AP and BP must be justified now. No more "looking out for your partners" as it had been done in the past (searching for my old floppy disk).

M-

pretzel_man

M-

While I agree that what HR came up with is ridiculous, its not exactly as you were told.

There is NO problem having Strong or Exceptional performers. The all do NOT need to be justified.

They DO check the average score for the district. They check it by level which is good. That keeps the higher grades from getting better scores.

I have plenty of SP and EP's in my group.

Yep. All AP and BP must be justified now. No more "looking out for your partners" as it had been done in the past (searching for my old floppy disk).

2BOver

Raises will be handled differently this year.

Individual raises will be based on QPR score and Comp Ratio.

Some of this is positive. Makes sure those lower paid get more.

True.....but when you get higher into the pay band the less you will get. It won't matter if you are an outstanding performer or not. The goal is to get people doing the same work getting paid about the same thing.

Positive? Hardly. You work hard as someone high in the pay band only to find out that someone low in the pay band gets a bigger pay increase than you do. How is that positive? What is your motivation to do anything more than you need to do to get by?

2BOver

They do in my district. Everyone who was rated Exceptional was flagged by HR for division manager approval. Most of them were downgraded.

If they don't, Corporate will flag them and perform a task called "normalization." It ensures that nobody gets a lot more than the average.

COH_IE

let's put some numbers to what everyone is saying.... i'm following everyone's basic premise, but examples may help distinguish the differences.

for instance, let's say the district avg for managers was 1.05 -- what would the merit increase be for a manager rated at 1.15 in everyone's understanding of how this is going to roll out this year?