Quad ave in Baltimore robbed

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
That is a big reason I bid my route. I went from delivering the hood to a route where, I would like to think, the biggest worry is an ill tempered dog.

J

jibbs

Can drivers carry firearms?

Sent using BrownCafe App

If I remember correctly, no, but I seem to remember several drivers on this forum mentioning that there are certain routes where they work at where the driver is accompanied by a police officer or a security guard on-car who is obviously allowed to carry.

I might have that one twisted, though, so don't be surprised if I'm wrong...

J

jibbs

I dunno, man, is Baltimore the only city in MD?

The point I was trying to make without getting all verbose with the :censored2:, is that violence, crime, and weapons are a facet of daily life in many sections of inner city Baltimore. Do you freak out when you see a hispanic man wielding a chainsaw going to work on the bushes in the cul-de-sac of your suburban neighborhood? It's kind of the same when you've got kids from Druid Hill grow up around their older brothers stashing handguns around their block so they can protect themselves or their business (legal or illegal), when (not IF, but WHEN) they find themselves needing to.

When you're exposed to something day in and day out, it naturally becomes a part of the background. They live with it, get used to it and are no longer frightened by it. That's just what exposure does. Not everybody is like this in inner-city areas, granted, but this kind of mentality towards gun violence is a lot more prevalent in inner-city Baltimore than it is several counties outward into the suburbs surrounding the city.

Johney

I dunno, man, is Baltimore the only city in MD?

The point I was trying to make without getting all verbose with the :censored2:, is that violence, crime, and weapons are a facet of daily life in many sections of inner city Baltimore. Do you freak out when you see a hispanix man wielding a chainsaw going to work on the bushes in the cul-de-sac of your suburban neighborhood? It's kind of the same when you've got kids from Druid Hill grow up around their older brothers stashing handguns around their block so they can protect themselves or their business (legal or illegal), when (not IF, but WHEN) they find themselves needing to.

When you're exposed to something day in and day out, it naturally becomes a part of the background. They live with it, get used to it and are no longer frightened by it. That's just what exposure does. Not everybody is like this in inner-city areas, granted, but this kind of mentality towards gun violence is a lot more prevalent in inner-city Baltimore than it is several counties outward into the suburbs surrounding the city.
Just because they see guns in their daily life sure as hell doesn't make it smart to try and get back a box or two from some nutjob who has a gun. And a Hispanic guy with a chainsaw can't cut my arm off from across the street. All I'm saying is too confront more than one person by yourself for crap that isn't even yours is being an IDIOT.

J

jibbs

Just because they see guns in their daily life sure as hell doesn't make it smart to try and get back a box or two from some nutjob who has a gun. And a Hispanic guy with a chainsaw can't cut my arm off from across the street. All I'm saying is too confront more than one person by yourself for crap that isn't even yours is being an IDIOT.

I agree with you and, if you read back through, you'll notice I never claimed it was smart.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoarTape

I was at the Baltimore building the day this happened. Another driver was telling everyone about it. It seems they went straight for the high value area. What's more, is a driver pucks up a bunch of high values every Thursday. Sounds like someone that worked there at one point to me. Or at the very least they know someone that does.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Can drivers carry firearms?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Concealed means concealed. If you have a permit it would be legal, but a violation of company policy that could lead to termination. I don't carry while working because the odds of me getting in an accident or getting injured and having my gun discovered are probably greater than my odds of being robbed or assaulted on my rural route. If I had to deliver up in Portland, or anywhere else with a crime problem, I would probably make a different choice.