Qualifying Questions & Opinions

Hey guys, newbie here! I’ll cut straight to the point:

Was supposed to be hired June 18th (after completing integrad) as a FT driver. Date came, no calls, no returned calls, etc. Month later - after I got a job somewhere else - I was asked if I wanted to come to work. Respectfully declined due to new employment.

Kept in touch with HR and ORS and come September they hinted at ‘wanting a good driver like me. I hinted I was interested. They pulled me in the following week to start qualifying.

During qualification duration, they threw post office bags on my car, to where I couldn’t do anything until those were off - which couldn’t be off until they were open to accept: 11am. This went on for a few weeks until finally, they took care of it but it cost me qualifying time dearly. I was rolling mon-fri.

My last available week to qualify, I had 4 straight days. The Monday I returned, I was done very early. Supervisor wanted me to “hold off to find more work”. I complied, and I was sent to do pickups I’ve never done for another driver. Mentioned to my sup that I hope this wouldn’t affect my qualifying time for the day. He said if it did, he would “code it out”. Next day, see if I made scratch, and I was 30 min over. I brought it up and he said “those pickups were supposed to help you on time, so I can’t do anything”.

I was offered a 45 day extension. But, this extension rolls into mid Jan. Prior to accepting potential employment, I was weary about getting in near the season, but wanted to commit and make it happen. Now, considering you can’t qualify during peak, I’m a bit skeptical that they’re just going to let me go like a seasonal.

I questioned one sup, and he said he knew nothing about qualifying details. I questioned my other sup, and he gave me a route number. Questioned steward, he gave me a phone number.

Wanted to first get your guys’ opinion on here. I highly respect you guys. Been reading these forums for a while. Thanks!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Was supposed to be hired June 18th (after completing integrad) as a FT driver. Date came, no calls, no returned calls, etc. Month later - after I got a job somewhere else - I was asked if I wanted to come to work. Respectfully declined due to new employment.

Kept in touch with HR and ORS and come September they hinted at ‘wanting a good driver like me. I hinted I was interested. They pulled me in the following week to start qualifying.

During qualification duration, they threw post office bags on my car, to where I couldn’t do anything until those were off - which couldn’t be off until they were open to accept: 11am. This went on for a few weeks until finally, they took care of it but it cost me qualifying time dearly. I was rolling mon-fri.

My last available week to qualify, I had 4 straight days. The Monday I returned, I was done very early. Supervisor wanted me to “hold off to find more work”. I complied, and I was sent to do pickups I’ve never done for another driver. Mentioned to my sup that I hope this wouldn’t affect my qualifying time for the day. He said if it did, he would “code it out”. Next day, see if I made scratch, and I was 30 min over. I brought it up and he said “those pickups were supposed to help you on time, so I can’t do anything”.

I was offered a 45 day extension. But, this extension rolls into mid Jan. Prior to accepting potential employment, I was weary about getting in near the season, but wanted to commit and make it happen. Now, considering you can’t qualify during peak, I’m a bit skeptical that they’re just going to let me go like a seasonal.

I questioned on sup, and he said he knew nothing about qualifying details. I questioned my other sup, and he gave me a route number. Questioned by steward, he gave me a number.

Wanted to first get your guys’ opinion on here. I highly respect you guys. Been reading these forums for a while. Thanks!

Go over the flunky supes head talk to the center manager if that doesn’t work keep going up the food chain

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

I questioned one sup, and he said he knew nothing about qualifying details. I questioned my other sup, and he gave me a route number. Questioned steward, he gave me a phone number.

They will probably just tell you what you want to hear in order to keep you for peak. That being said, if you do a good job I’m pretty sure they will keep you. Good luck.

Box Ox

ehnclh.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Call the number the steward gave you. They are more likely to have answers that apply to your specific situation.