Question about Article22 Job?

tritese

tritese
We can only bid out of classification if there is a job opening. I can't just say well I have been full time longer than this person and I want his job. I have to wait for a job to be vacated and then I would go to the bottom of the list if I change classification. It doesn't matter if I have done that job before or not.

BigBrownSanta

We can only bid out of classification if there is a job opening. I can't just say well I have been full time longer than this person and I want his job. I have to wait for a job to be vacated and then I would go to the bottom of the list if I change classification. It doesn't matter if I have done that job before or not.

Yeah, that's how it's done here. I don't agree with the loss of seniority though. We had a 20 year driver bid to a combo job. After a while they decided to bid back as a driver. When they came back they had lost all their seniority. They had to start all over again as a day 1 driver. That makes no sense to me. You have 20 years experience as a driver and it ends up not counting for anything. To me, that's just not the right way to treat an experienced driver.