Question about offering days off?

Johney

Johney no offense but tell me it wouldnt upset you? If Im on call they arent telling me to come in, they are expecting me to sit next to my phone every single day waiting for the call that doesnt come. The pt stuff, is because technically Im classified as an off the street hire even though I had over 3 years in, so thats the reasoning to that. I really dont want to explain all of that on here but thats the reasoning behind all of that.
Hulk it would upset me, I feel for you, but even if you are hired off the street you should still be able to bump just learn how to do the job. We have cover drivers here they try that with and after a couple of days they say NO I'm not calling anymore or waiting by the phone I'm going back to preload. They sometimes even tell them they need to drive a route after preload and they say NO. You just need to tell them NO! one day a week isn't cutting it,put me on preload or reload or lay me off period.

HULKAMANIA

Cach I apolagize for my response earlier, just a real stressful situation for me. Johney your final statement is my entire point! Either lay me off PERIOD so I CAN go work, OR let me have my options. You guys are probably right I dont make enough noise in the offices.

Johney

Cach I apolagize for my response earlier, just a real stressful situation for me. Johney your final statement is my entire point! Either lay me off PERIOD so I CAN go work, OR let me have my options. You guys are probably right I dont make enough noise in the offices.
Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Good luck I do hope they straighten it out for you.

tourists24

Then hold them to the same standards. Don't send me out with 30-50 more stops on the same route as the 70-year-old. Make the 70-year-old teacher use modern technology (hello, notebook computers and graphing calculators!!). Welcome to 2012.
Why would you whine about running 30-50 more stops, maybe you should run the same number of stops that that regular drivers does.Why shouldnt you be held to those same standards?

tourists24

I am low guy on the seniority totem too. Our center doesnt offer ONE day off though. It's the whole week or nothing. They refuse to pay my benies and the driver taking off benies.

I agree with the "make them perform like we do" point. I had a dispatch sup come up on the belt after I sent the regular 25 plus driver home. The dispatch sup looked at me and said, "******. If I had known you were running this route I would have thrown 30 more stops on it." That's where the BS is. Just because I have the legs to do it doesnt mean I want to, or should have to. Seniority doesnt give you the right to be lazy, it gives you the right to bid routes with lower stop counts.
Lazy? Really? lol...... the senior bid driver knows the route and runs it at a marathon pace while you younger guns hit the sprint button. Being a marathon pace doesnt make you lazy. It may make you stupid though for actually doing 30 more stops in the same amount of time

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hulk, I still don't understand why you are not filing for unemployment? Here our casuals can file if they work two or fewer days per week.
You get full unemployment for working one day or less. Pro-rated for anything under 4 days worked.

I checked where Hulk lives. He should be able to file. I PM'ed him the info.

DS

Fenderbender
Just a thought HULKSTER,you say you like and get on well with the senior drivers,can you talk to them about your problem?
Maybe if they knew they were screwing you by taking unpaid days off they could change your situation substantially.
You could offer a small incentive like lunch on you or something to show your appreciation:wink2:

tourists24

Because they'd fire me if I "matched" his performance...
OH really? and how will they do that? If you are using the methods there is no way that can happen. Why should you be expected to run more stops than the actual driver? I tell all my cover drivers exactly how many stops I usually run on any given day. If they do more than that then thats their problem.