Question about Package Handler description

Hi folks, new guy here looking for a part time job. I checked the UPS job search website and found this description:

Package Handler - Part-Time
(Backup)

Can someone explain what "Backup" entails in this situation? At a further location I noticed "(Current Openings)", which is probably what I want, unfortunately it is pretty far!

Thanks in advance.

HazMatMan

Hi folks, new guy here looking for a part time job. I checked the UPS job search website and found this description:

(Backup)

Can someone explain what "Backup" entails in this situation? At a further location I noticed "(Current Openings)", which is probably what I want, unfortunately it is pretty far!

Thanks in advance.

How much farther??

toeknee2gx

(Backup)

Thanks in advance.

they are only accepting inquiries and it wont let you fill out an app until: 1).they have openings, 2.)a recruiter "invites" you in....

The other facility you spoke of may have a larger operation and their hiring needs are much higher than the facility you are applying for. Hence the reason why they are "accepting applications" and not in "backup" mode.

they are only accepting inquiries and it wont let you fill out an app until: 1).they have openings, 2.)a recruiter "invites" you in....

The other facility you spoke of may have a larger operation and their hiring needs are much higher than the facility you are applying for. Hence the reason why they are "accepting applications" and not in "backup" mode.

Thank you.

Is it farther than 90 miles one way????

No disrespect, but that is irrelevant, why do you keep questing it as if I'm too lazy to drive extra? Sorry you don't know me. Thanks.

HazMatMan

Thank you.

No disrespect, but that is irrelevant, why do you keep questing it as if I'm too lazy to drive extra? Sorry you don't know me. Thanks.

No disrespect taken, never said you were lazy,(you brought that up) and your right I don't know you,(don't want to know you) Your the one looking for the job, what are you willing to do to get it is all I was implying.. I'll remember your name for future posts as to not to reply to your questions, you seem like the touchy kind..

No disrespect taken, never said you were lazy,(you brought that up) and your right I don't know you,(don't want to know you) Your the one looking for the job, what are you willing to do to get it is all I was implying.. I'll remember your name for future posts as to not to reply to your questions, you seem like the touchy kind..

Think what you like, but I posed a simple question and it could of been answered with a single post. I guess "farther than I'm willing to commute" failed to register in your head.

Good night.

HazMatMan

Think what you like, but I posed a simple question and it could of been answered with a single post. I guess "farther than I'm willing to commute" failed to register in your head.

Good night.

With that attitude you'll make a great supervisor, IF you ever get into UPS..

With that attitude you'll make a great supervisor, IF you ever get into UPS..

Oh I forgot, getting a job as a UPS package handler is equivalent to a Harvard business interview. I better just give up now, right?

You are pathetic, maybe you should get your anger issues checked out. I'm sorry that you probably worked as a package handler for 10+ years and got picked on daily, but don't direct the harvested anger towards your supervisors on me. Also, news flash, being a hard working package handler for life may give you a feeling of accomplishment, but unfortunately nobody in the world gives a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. You are not special.

HazMatMan

Oh I forgot, getting a job as a UPS package handler is equivalent to a Harvard business interview. I better just give up now, right?

You are pathetic, maybe you should get your anger issues checked out. I'm sorry that you probably worked as a package handler for 10+ years and got picked on daily, but don't direct the harvested anger towards your supervisors on me. Also, news flash, being a hard working package handler for life may give you a feeling of accomplishment, but unfortunately nobody in the world gives a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. You are not special.

Wow, you can learn all that about me from just reading my posts?? You are a smart one and should move up the UPS ladder quite quickly. Anger issues?? me??? Don't see any anger in my posts but see a lot of it in yours. 20 years at UPS, and you are unemployed??? looking for a job??? can you say Burger King???
It seems like you think you are too good to work for UPS.Once again I ask, can you say Fast food???

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Backup means there are no openings in that building. they would bring you in and put you through the initial interviews and background checks. You would then be waiting until there was an opening.

Thanks for the input Tieguy and Cachsux.

Is it farther than 90 miles one way????

Btw, I was going to let this thread die, but I just realized exactly what you posted and had to comment... "90 miles one way"? Seriously? Where I live that would be atleast 2 hours even in light traffic, why would anyone consider that for a [most likely] part-time job as a package handler? The drive there and back would possibly almost be as long as the shift itself... Not at all practical in my case... Ok, that's all.