Question about qualifying.

upsmannc

Brown For Today
If you sign a full time list and a RTD list. Selected for full time and go driving. As you are qualifying your being paid RTD rate? Why? Is that correct? Can you pay go down to the lower rate after you have been paid the RTD rate.

CoolStoryBro

If you sign a full time list and a RTD list. Selected for full time and go driving. As you are qualifying your being paid RTD rate? Why? Is that correct? Can you pay go down to the lower rate after you have been paid the RTD rate.

What does RTD mean? What is the RTD rate? What is this "lower rate?"

this post makes no sense.

I know that every location is different and they use different terms.
But here a reg temp makes the same as an RPCD once he or she goes through the 4 year progression.
The only difference they are considered part-time and cannot bid a route
And how does the Union justify this position? Is there a limit on how many PT temp drivers can be hired?

And how does the Union justify this position? Is there a limit on how many PT temp drivers can be hired?
It has always been they way here. The company always tries to find a way to skirt around it
We have to have the same amount of RPCD as we do full time routes
I'm not sure if anything has changed with the addition of 22.4 drivers.

It has always been they way here. The company always tries to find a way to skirt around it
We have to have the same amount of RPCD as we do full time routes
I'm not sure if anything has changed with the addition of 22.4 drivers.
I don't believe it has always been that way. We have always had bid coverage drivers who are FT drivers without a route and bid vacations or time off days or run junk routes. We also have FT extra drivers that cover areas by area knowledge. The closest thing we have would be air drivers that help out when necessary and paid top rate.

I don't believe it has always been that way. We have always had bid coverage drivers who are FT drivers without a route and bid vacations or time off days or run junk routes. We also have FT extra drivers that cover areas by area knowledge. The closest thing we have would be air drivers that help out when necessary and paid top rate.
They rarely use air drivers to run full routes but we all only have a few air drivers.