Question about retro check

laffter

So I understand that drivers will be getting 70c for every hour worked since August. I also understand that any part timer making less than $11/hr will get the difference per every hour worked since August. I assume what I just said is correct, otherwise I apologize for my ignorance.

Will a part timer making more than $11/hr be getting anything?

I've read through previous threads regarding raises and I never did come to a clear conclusion on this question.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
PT'ers who made seniority after August 1st will get the difference from their pay rate and the new starting wage of $10/hr. They will also be slotted into the "new" PT 4 year wage progression.

PT'ers who made seniority before Aug. 1st are entitled to the $0.70/hr raise and the resulting back-pay. They are also entitled to the difference if they're making less than the new progression (ie. if they were making less than $10/hr after Aug. 1).

There's a chance that PT'ers who made seniority under the contract extension will simply receive the general wage increase (GWI) as I've heard some conflicting info on FT'ers who made book under the extension having the old 3 year progression instead of the new 4 year progression.

Blackstream

PT'ers who made seniority before Aug. 1st are entitled to the $0.70/hr raise and the resulting back-pay. They are also entitled to the difference if they're making less than the new progression (ie. if they were making less than $10/hr after Aug. 1)
So since I'm past 3 years, that should mean I hop up to $13 with skill pay once my raise comes.

It's the case I'm hoping for, but I've also been told by shop stewards that I only get the 70 cents. So I guess I'll find out in a week.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So since I'm past 3 years, that should mean I hop up to $13 with skill pay once my raise comes.

It's the case I'm hoping for, but I've also been told by shop stewards that I only get the 70 cents. So I guess I'll find out in a week.

If you're already in progression, you should receive the GWI and be entitled to no less than what you would have made under your old progression.

laffter

I guess we're talking $10 for "unskilled" and $11 for "skilled".

I was hired in mid-August of 2011. So I should expect to receive a 70c raise plus a retro check. Will I also be getting my yearly increase in August (anniversary date)?

Brasswolf

So if what if we were hired in 2008? is it $1.70 or just $.70? This muddy water stuff gets old fast about what is going on and who gets what. Its hard enough for me to get info because I load offsite so I'm not even in the hub and it takes a while for me to learn about this stuff.

Ant12

I was hired jan 2014 and I got the 90 day raise from 8.50 to 9.50 recently. Do I keep the 1$ raise so when the contract passes I'll be making 11$? Or will I just be back to 10& and go through the scheduled new contract raises? Also, will I get a 1.50 per hour retro check for every hour worked since I was making 8.50?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I was hired jan 2014 and I got the 90 day raise from 8.50 to 9.50 recently. Do I keep the 1$ raise so when the contract passes I'll be making 11$? Or will I just be back to 10& and go through the scheduled new contract raises? Also, will I get a 1.50 per hour retro check for every hour worked since I was making 8.50?

No one will be taking a pay cut because of the new wage progression. Additionally, no new hires will be making more than any current seniority bargaining unit employees.

jalnar

So I understand that drivers will be getting 70c for every hour worked since August. I also understand that any part timer making less than $11/hr will get the difference per every hour worked since August. I assume what I just said is correct, otherwise I apologize for my ignorance.

Will a part timer making more than $11/hr be getting anything?

I've read through previous threads regarding raises and I never did come to a clear conclusion on this question.
from what I undertsand the cks will be spread over a 4 week period in May. each week in May you will get 25% of back pay and UPS is already writing this money off in the second quarter. (the cost is approximatley 300 million to the company

Quigley

from what I undertsand the cks will be spread over a 4 week period in May. each week in May you will get 25% of back pay and UPS is already writing this money off in the second quarter. (the cost is approximatley 300 million to the company

Where did you hear that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I seriously doubt that this will be the case.

saintrick

wagechar.jpg

If you received a raise under the old contract due to the extension you will need to adjust for that.

For example

Seniority after 8/1/13 started at 8.50 will receive 1.50 back pay for all hours worked at 8.50.
If at 90 days they moved to 9.50 the will receive .50 back pay for all hours worked after the 90 days.

Last edited:

saintrick

If you're already in progression, you should receive the GWI and be entitled to no less than what you would have made under your old progression.

Part-time employees still in progression will receive the GWI and will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in the NEW progression.

Big Bad Wolf

So if what if we were hired in 2008? is it $1.70 or just $.70? This muddy water stuff gets old fast about what is going on and who gets what. Its hard enough for me to get info because I load offsite so I'm not even in the hub and it takes a while for me to learn about this stuff.
Son?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cincypackagehandler

Okay so I was hired In September of 2009 and I am paid my skill pay to pick off. I guess I finished my progression during the time when the contract was being renegotiated because I DID receive a 99 cent raise after August 1st to put me at 12.99 an hour. My question is will I still get the 70 cent pay increase to put me at 13.69 because the chart up at the top of the thread says id be at 13.50? Also, any idea when the retro checks will issued?