Question about seniority and light duty workers

Matteranci

Can a unloader with less seniority bump me out of my preferred position in smalls because he told sup he thinks he has a hernia and wants to work small sort? Sup then says that I would have to unload since there is no one else to take his place. Can I greive this?

unloady

Can a unloader with less seniority bump me out of my preferred position in smalls because he told sup he thinks he has a hernia and wants to work small sort? Sup then says that I would have to unload since there is no one else to take his place. Can I greive this?

Not sure exactly. I have 3.5 years seniority and have alwats been in unload. Was told that i was being switched to become a preloader even though the majority of unloaders in my area have a year or less. I argued that i had the righg to be in unload and i was fired. Seniority doesnt matter i guess.

Matteranci

Not sure exactly. I have 3.5 years seniority and have alwats been in unload. Was told that i was being switched to become a preloader even though the majority of unloaders in my area have a year or less. I argued that i had the righg to be in unload and i was fired. Seniority doesnt matter i guess.

Wow, that's even worse. They wanted to move you to another shift and fired you for refusing? That doesn't sound right, I know you could fight that if you wanted to.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Grieve it.

The supe can't make accommodations because the employee "thinks" he has a hernia.

If he does have a hernia, UPS should be sending him in for a "fitness for duty" exam.

He can't bump you if have more seniority and are in a preferred position anyway.

-Bug-

unloady

Grieve it.

The supe can't make accommodations because the employee "thinks" he has a hernia.

If he does have a hernia, UPS should be sending him in for a "fitness for duty" exam.

He can't bump you if have more seniority and are in a preferred position anyway.

-Bug-

That is exactly what i told my manager and my shop steward sided with her. I guess our local is weak.

john chesney

If he’s on TAW I say yes