Question for the community

over9five

Staff member
I dont see where a "QUOTE" from a person can be interpreted as "derrogatory", "insulting" and such. The person said it, memorialized it in print, and it should be allowed to be "quoted" OR NO QUOTES at all should be allowed.

But we know the reality of this problem.

The One Sided nature of the current events moderation.

Peace

TOS
OMG!!! Did he PM you too, Tos??? Hey, you got some cajones!!!!

PLEASE tell me he PM'd MIDNIGHT RIDER as well!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHhahahhahahhaha, omg........!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol, you've GOT to be joking. Roadrunmer is soliciting support for his cause????
OMG, lollollollollollol!!!!!

...and he never asked me?:wink2:

Whatever differences I have with moreluck, and there are many and they are substantial, are between her and I.

I think the signature line is harassment, pure and simple.

The better question is a signature line seriously this important. This is certainly not a battle I would waste my time fighting.

over9five

Staff member
The better question is a signature line seriously this important. This is certainly not a battle I would waste my time fighting.
x2. It's an internet forum where you are a guest. Someone asks you to take it down, why not just take it down and move on.
Holy crap, such drama.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Moreluck has had a few of her posts deleted when she went too far. We have also banned some conservative members for continuing to harass other members. So some of these allegations are just that. The only people who have trouble on this site are simply the ones who can't respect other people.

Nimnim

The Nim
The only people who have trouble on this site are simply the ones who can't respect other people.

Hey, I have trouble all the time and I respect people. Now where can I order socks?

Seriously though, there's 2 sections of this site I expect heated discussion. Union issues and current events. I've gotten into arguments in both, but I don't recall having any mods having to approach me or edits my posts for inappropriate things. Why? Because I won't take a website where I will likely never meet anyone that seriously that I get myself riled up to the point where I can't at least attempt to be civil. And here people talk about the younger generation as being uncivil and rude. If someone really rubs you the wrong way and you can't control yourself on an internet forum I'd hate to see how you guys are in real life.

Sure, I've taken jabs at people, but if someone actually asked me to quit who am I to not respect their wishes? Respect goes both ways, disagreeing views be damned. Sometimes those I don't agree with will have a point that makes me think differently and if I choose to shut them out or belittle them I'm only going to hurt myself in the long run.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
"The only people who have trouble on this site are simply the ones who can't respect other people."

Hey Scratch this is a great sig line!!!! Of course I'm kinda partial to the sig line I already have....notice my silence on this issue... :)

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I would like to offer an apology to moreluck. I had no idea that repeating a comment would be so divisive. I am willing to own my own words, no matter how hastily posted they may have been.

Mea culpa, mea cupla, mea maxima culpa.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would like to offer an apology to moreluck. I had no idea that repeating a comment would be so divisive. I am willing to own my own words, no matter how hastily posted they may have been.

Mea culpa, mea cupla, mea maxima culpa.
Great, now remove the sig line. Im sick of doing it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Done. Didn't realize it was still there.

No rescind my warning and let my posts go through...
Next time send me a PM before you nuke my account.
No one "nuked" your account or you wouldn't be able to post here. I deleted your signature line and you reposted it. I gave your account an infraction which put your account into moderated posting. Let's just move on from here.