Question on Union and dues.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
I just got my paycheck and it sucked (Don't get paid for holidays until I complete my year >.<). Anyway, the Union has taken away a total of $250 from me so far and it stated on my last check $230. (This check would make it $250), but on the pay stub it starts off as new...like, as if they only taken away $20 all together.

Do I have to start all over again and pay them $20 until it equals $320? Or will $20 stop being deducted once I reach the $320 mark..well until next year when they start taking away again.

drewed

Shankman
Your going to have money taken out while youre union at UPS whether its a certain percentage of money out of your wage or a set amount its going to continue...As for your intiation fee, keep records and make sure you hit the 320 mark if you continue to get it take out after that make sure you tell your sup and BA in writing, yea UPS technically has money taken out because theyre writing the check but they take out based on what the local says is due

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The most recent check that you received is the first one for 2009 so all deductions will have been reset to zero and will reflect only those amounts deducted on that check. I wouldn't worry about it but do keep an eye on it just to make sure.

ol'browneye

B-Daz, from this and your other thread it looks like you don't like paying union dues and initiation fees and you want to get a raise by brown-nosing and kissing :censored2:! Go work for FED-EX!

BryantheLion

B-Daz, from this and your other thread it looks like you don't like paying union dues and initiation fees and you want to get a raise by brown-nosing and kissing :censored2:! Go work for FED-EX!

I dont mind the fees at all. I thought once I reach the $320, the union will stop taking away $20 from every pay check until next year. And now that you mentioned Fed-Ex, I'm going to apply there soon. No, I won't be leaving UPS, I would hope to work for both of them.

drewed

Shankman
I dont mind the fees at all. I thought once I reach the $320, the union will stop taking away $20 from every pay check until next year. And now that you mentioned Fed-Ex, I'm going to apply there soon. No, I won't be leaving UPS, I would hope to work for both of them.

its a conflict of interest its one or the other.....

evilleace

You won't be able to work at both unless you keep it a secret had a guy in my hub who had to quit his rural route at the post office when he was hired as a pre-loader like drewed said conflict of interest.

BryantheLion

You won't be able to work at both unless you keep it a secret had a guy in my hub who had to quit his rural route at the post office when he was hired as a pre-loader like drewed said conflict of interest.

I honestly can't work at both without it being a problem?

drewed

Shankman
Exactly without even knowing it, you know priporitary (sp?) and confidential about where you work. it is a problem just like you cant work at mcds and bk or jcpenney and sears at the same time its a major issue for both companies

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I honestly can't work at both without it being a problem?

It's like working at McDonalds and Burger King !
Firestone and Goodyear
Kinkos and UPSstore
Staples and OfficeDepot
HomeDepot and Lowes

First of all, you would have to put UPS down as a job on the application, and even if you don't, they are going to use your social security number which can give away your current job.
Secondly, how would you have the time? What if one company needed you while you were scheduled to be at the other one?

Plus, they could accuse you of sabotaging if you did something wrong.

I guess you can quit UPS if FedEx hired you, I'm sure they would want verification of that in writing.

BryantheLion

It's like working at McDonalds and Burger King !
Firestone and Goodyear
Kinkos and UPSstore
Staples and OfficeDepot
HomeDepot and Lowes

First of all, you would have to put UPS down as a job on the application, and even if you don't, they are going to use your social security number which can give away your current job.
Secondly, how would you have the time? What if one company needed you while you were scheduled to be at the other one?

Plus, they could accuse you of sabotaging if you did something wrong.

I guess you can quit UPS if FedEx hired you, I'm sure they would want verification of that in writing.

They're hiring package handlers (Exactly what I do now at UPS), the hours are completely seperated. UPS never needs me other than the days I already work. The most I was "needed" was during peak season on a Sunday. Even then, I wasn't forced, I just wanted more money -.-

gandydancer

Still cant do it buddy

Sez you? He can only be fired for causes specified in the contract, or he has a failure-to-represent cause of action against the Union. I don't know of any non-compete clause in the contract, except in the retirement provisions.

gandydancer

The most recent check that you received is the first one for 2009 so all deductions will have been reset to zero and will reflect only those amounts deducted on that check. I wouldn't worry about it but do keep an eye on it just to make sure.

That doesn't sound right. My check was dated 12/31 and all the YTDs were for 2008 (hours thru 12/27).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
its a conflict of interest its one or the other.....
Your wrong Drew. We had a driver that was out on disability and was trying to get her job back. The company was fighting it. She was out for 2 yrs and had to find other work. She went to work for Fedex until she got her job back here.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Your wrong Drew. We had a driver that was out on disability and was trying to get her job back. The company was fighting it. She was out for 2 yrs and had to find other work. She went to work for Fedex until she got her job back here.

But I think we are talking about working at both jobs at the same time, which is what the original poster wants to do.

It looks like that driver's experience caught the eye of one of Fed-Ex's "independant contractors" :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
But I think we are talking about working at both jobs at the same time, which is what the original poster wants to do.

It looks like that driver's experience caught the eye of one of Fed-Ex's "independant contractors" :happy2:
I started to address that Heff but then changed my mind. I know our driver didn't actually physically work at both at the same time but was still employed by both at the same time. My point was that it is possible to be employed by both and therefore it is possible to work for both. 'Conflict of interest set aside'.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have known people that worked at fed ex and ups at the same time. I do know for a fact that usps will not hire you if you work at fedex or ups.

Bdaz is it not time for you to start another stupid thread?