Question

KS1068

I have to see the company Dr today at 1pm EST, I am hoping it is just strained, but I am fearing the worse because I have had bone fractures before, and this knee hurts similar to that.. It does not hurt like a strained muscle.. I will update on what the company dr says.. I am hoping to be able to get my own opinion once I jump through the company hoops,, I have never been hurt on the job before, this is all new...

brazenbrown

Do NOT goto their clinic that is crap, you go to your OWN doctor, not UPS's, those doctors tow the company line, call Liberty Mutual get your comp number go see your doctor and again, call your lawyer, if you don't have one, ask the union, Be prepared for your sups to agrue and prepare for a fight.....DO NOT AGREE or SIGN ANYTHING!!!!

Do you hire a lawyer when you get hurt??

She has not run into any of the adversity you're assuming she might. If she wants to see her own doctor as well she certainly is entitled to do so. Making this out to be calamitous event before anything wrong has been done to her helps her how?

Again,

Good luck KS

KS1068

I have the say the company Dr doesn't know a whole lot.. He diagnosed me as a knee sprain.. Well as I said before and to this Dr I know my body from playing sports, I have had sprains and such, but this doesn't feel that way.. So I am in the process of trying to figure out how to get a second opinion from a REAL ortho Dr, as this Dr did not even move my knee around or push on it.. So hopefully I will get that appt, and get some more answers.. I asked about ice, and he laughed and say no, and said wrapping it does no good... sounds odd to me as my old trainer did that MANY times even with sprain and strains... I will update when I know more..

Last edited:

KS1068

Well I talked to a head guy in the safety department, and he is suppose to call back tomorrow, Liberty he said does not have a case manager for my case yet, and then he wants to get an MRI, he sounded promising as he was like xrays don't cut it,, finally someone that agreed that I need an ortho Dr and MRI... Hopefully tomorrow will be better,, I only got prescription advil and it does no good... tired of being in pain... it just aches and aches...

cantwin69

Well I talked to a head guy in the safety department, and he is suppose to call back tomorrow, Liberty he said does not have a case manager for my case yet, and then he wants to get an MRI, he sounded promising as he was like xrays don't cut it,, finally someone that agreed that I need an ortho Dr and MRI... Hopefully tomorrow will be better,, I only got prescription advil and it does no good... tired of being in pain... it just aches and aches...
Listen to me please! Get a LAWYER!! These people are not your friends. I was injured in September and reported immediately. My supervisor first accused me of "faking it" and then made me work for another hour - One handed. I understand you've never been through this before, and the safety people are being really nice, but they have only their best interests in mind. Not yours. Even though you think it's not too serious now, you may have really hurt it and this could last a long time for you. Trust me, your life will be a heck of a lot easier with someone on your side. They will take care of getting all tests approved for you, and if any problems come up, they will take care of it. It is very stressful dealing with insurance companies (especially Liberty Mutual) to have to do it on your own, while in pain. Here it is 3 months after my injury - which the company doctor said was a sprain - and I am in a neck brace with nerve damage. Thanks UPS.

cantwin69

I understand you are frustrated about your accident but I have to poin this out since it is a very big pet peeve to me. The word "seen". Seen is to be used with the words have, has and had. You "saw" the cord, you did NOT "seen" it. Please do not abuse the English language anymore than our predecessors already have.

I apologize to anyone is bothered by this, but get over it.

Give me a break! My biggest pet peeve is people like you! Did it really make you feel better correcting this person? Do you feel like a bigger person? If your not management, you should be. Interesting how you misspelled POINT while correcting someone's mistake. That's another one of my pet peeves - People who don't check their work. There, now I feel better.:happy2:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I understand you are frustrated about your accident but I have to poin this out since it is a very big pet peeve to me. The word "seen". Seen is to be used with the words have, has and had. You "saw" the cord, you did NOT "seen" it. Please do not abuse the English language anymore than our predecessors already have.

I apologize to anyone is bothered by this, but get over it.
are you a ups worker or a an english teacher????

Big Babooba

be prepared for a fight. The company will fight you at every turn. Don't sign nothing your lawyer don't ok.
How very true. It is amazing how many supervisors and managers have medical degrees. I was told that I probably had a bad sprain. I had surgery the next day. Make sure you file an injury report and get a copy. Without it you have no claim. Remember that when you are dealing with Liberty Mutual you are actually dealing with UPS. It's kind of like Edgar Bergin and Charlie McCarthy. Charlie's lips might be moving, but Edgar controls the show. Comp laws vary by state, it would be in your best interest to hire an attorney that deals with comp cases.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Give me a break! My biggest pet peeve is people like you! Did it really make you feel better correcting this person? Do you feel like a bigger person? If your not management, you should be. Interesting how you misspelled POINT while correcting someone's mistake. That's another one of my pet peeves - People who don't check their work. There, now I feel better.:happy2:

Just so we are clear, I did NOT misspell "point", I merely left out a letter and I did explain in a later post that it was merely a misstroke of keys as my keyboard is not the most sensitive of things. No big deal. I guess I can't win either way.

I'm done with the grammar lesson.

KS--- i do hope your knee feels better. I agree with the others who say to get some other opinion because, as said, our compnay doctors are very well compensated to do what the company asks of them. The lawyer is a good idea as well since UPS will try and fight you every step of the way.

KS1068, since you are new at this worker comp thing here is a link
HTML:
 http://www.comp.state.nc.us/ncic/pages/all50.htm
to a website that will redirect you to the worker comp board of whatever state you live. I urge you to go to your state's site get a phone number and find out EXACTLY what your rights are, getting a lawyer may be needed also. DO NOT trust the company, this is way too important. They may do everything right in your case, but IF they don't you need to protect yourself.

KS1068

I am confused some, today was suppose to be my last day on truck,, I get that, but I am unable to pass a physical for my next job, so they are delaying my hiring until I get a full work release, which I don't think is going to happen for awhile,, so what am I to do until then,, find a new job that I can do?? Do I get benefits cuz I cannot work,, I am confused,, What is a temp worker entitled to?? Also can they not pay me for yesterday and todays work?? and I lose my bonus for staying the entire time?? Can anyone answer these questions,, if only one of them....

Last edited:

ups79

I am confused some, today was suppose to be my last day on truck,, I get that, but I am unable to pass a physical for my next job, so they are delaying my hiring until I get a full work release, which I don't think is going to happen for awhile,, so what am I to do until then,, find a new job that I can do?? Do I get benefits cuz I cannot work,, I am confused,, What is a temp worker entitled to?? Also can they not pay me for yesterday and todays work?? and I lose my bonus for staying the entire time?? Can anyone answer these questions,, if only one of them....

UPS is not a government agency. Go to the postal service or other government business to get your hand-out.

KS1068

I am not asking for hand outs,, I just want to know if I lose my $100 bonus and my pay for not making work yesterday and today because the Dr even said I am not allow to be on the truck.. I have never gotten hurt on the job before, I am clueless,, I grew up on a dairy farm, so I am used to working hard and long hrs, and not making much for it,, so I am not asking for hand outs...

ups79

I am not asking for hand outs,, I just want to know if I lose my $100 bonus and my pay for not making work yesterday and today because the Dr even said I am not allow to be on the truck.. I have never gotten hurt on the job before, I am clueless,, I grew up on a dairy farm, so I am used to working hard and long hrs, and not making much for it,, so I am not asking for hand outs...

No, you are not just asking for the bonus. You indirectlly are asking UPS to subsidize you until the doctor releases you.

KS1068

I guess I wrote the question wrong,, the bonus paper states, if I work the entire time without unexcused absences, would you think that being hurt and unable to get on the truck as excused??

I really only took the job to get me some extra money, until I got my career job paying way more in Jan,, but now that is out until I get my dr full release,, Also I have a backup job that I worked at previous that said they are willing to hire me back hurt and all, desk work,, but I am not sure how that works,, will I loss my workmens comp HEALTH benefits if I work somewhere else?? Sorry if i did not provide enough info, and it sounded like I wanted to sit on the couch and get paid for it..

Last edited: