Question?

Sebastian03

Once you hired full-time as a package driver on UPS, they can't change you to partime without telling you anything and rehired several times for years and I didn't know anything until not long ago

Sebastian03

I met with one of my union representative and he told me they can do that. And let them take fulltime to whoever they want and put me like to start from zero for years, like rehired. Something's not right

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I met with one of my union representative and he told me they can do that. And let them take fulltime to whoever they want and put me like to start from zero for years, like rehired. Something's not right
Were you hired off the street to drive (not hired as part time) and was it sometime between Nov 1, 2019 and Jan 15, 2020?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Once you hired full-time as a package driver on UPS, they can't change you to partime without telling you anything and rehired several times for years and I didn't know anything until not long ago
If you're in your 30-days/training, yes they can bump you back to part-time.

If you've been a full-time driver for say 2-years. You're laid off as a full time employee if they cut your route.

The only way you could be considered part-time if your route's been taken out of the line up and they ask if you want to work AM/PM and you agree to it. I believe.

They shouldn't be able to just go to RPCD's and say volume is down. Back to preload you go.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Honestly I'm having trouble following what this guy is asking.

I'll try to translate:

He's been driving for years, and the company has been reclassifying him as a part timer, over and over, so he has no full time seniority, and (I'm guessing) has not progressed in wages.

If this is the case, the only thing I can think of is if he is a tcd? I don't know all the rules surrounding those, but if he's been driving the whole time, something stinks.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I'll try to translate:

He's been driving for years, and the company has been reclassifying him as a part timer, over and over, so he has no full time seniority, and (I'm guessing) has not progressed in wages.

If this is the case, the only thing I can think of is if he is a tcd? I don't know all the rules surrounding those, but if he's been driving the whole time, something stinks.
RTW state. He must have opted out of dues.

CoolStoryBro

If UPS cuts routes and lays off full time drivers then, in most places, those laid off drivers can work part time shift.

No idea what you are actually asking.