Questions about a red light camera

reginald95

The ticket will eventually make it to your center and they will give it to you pay. It is then up to you to pay it or contest it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a red light camera catch me several times at intersections years ago when I was running EAMs. I kept expecting a ticket but I never saw one. I wouldn't volunteer some certain things if you aren't sure, especially if you are qualifying. I wouldn't lie about anything either if asked.

Johnny onthe Spot

I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 ton/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week.
Same thing happened to me making a left at an intersection with a camera. The light turned red way too fast and I knew that would be a ticket if I was in my personal car but I was in a UPS truck so I wasn't sure if anything would happen. Sure enough about a month later the center manager calls me over after the PCM with a few sheets of paper in his hand that he shows to me and asks who that is in the pictures running a red light. I said ummmm I think thats me ya that's me. He then lectured me like a father yelling at his son saying I'm either going to kill someone or myself if I keep driving like that. He then threw the paperwork at me and said I'm not paying this ticket and walked away. I picked the papers up and saw that the fine was $450 and threw it in the trash. The amazing thing is that I never heard of it again and I still wonder what happened.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Same thing happened to me making a left at an intersection with a camera. The light turned red way too fast and I knew that would be a ticket if I was in my personal car but I was in a UPS truck so I wasn't sure if anything would happen. Sure enough about a month later the center manager calls me over after the PCM with a few sheets of paper in his hand that he shows to me and asks who that is in the pictures running a red light. I said ummmm I think thats me ya that's me. He then lectured me like a father yelling at his son saying I'm either going to kill someone or myself if I keep driving like that. He then threw the paperwork at me and said I'm not paying this ticket and walked away. I picked the papers up and saw that the fine was $450 and threw it in the trash. The amazing thing is that I never heard of it again and I still wonder what happened.
Sounds like he assaulted you by throwing the papers at you.

Re-Raise

This is why I am always friendly and wave at the traffic cameras on my route. I figure they will let me slide like the policeman in my area...