Questions about UPS hire process

ravic

Hi, I'm new here to the forum, glad that I found this place. And I have a few questions about the hiring process. I applied for prt - package handler - Mesquite,TX.
I have gone to the first information session tour last Thursday (Aug 2nd) and a second tour for the shift I applied (preloader) this Mon (Aug 6th). Then, I had a short interview,around 10 mins, with the HR guy. It went well i believe, he said he'll contact me once my background check completed, and told me to finish the application online within 24 hours.
I wonder how long would the background check process take? And are there any chances that I will get the job. Should I call HR (he left me phone#) to ask ?
I just quit my last job to go back to school, therefore I really want this job. I know I'm a bit impatient, I just want to ask you guys about your opinions.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
OP, at my center, the hiring process seems to go something along the lines of this:

HR: You gonna show up to work?
New hire: Definitely.
HR: You're hired!

Unfortunately, the story always ends with the new guy no call no showing after a week. :D

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just keep your cellphone on at all times for the next 1-60 days lmao.
If the background check is dirty, getting a job here is still possible, but they might not call back without intervening somehow.

ravic

Hey guys,
I am amazed that this topic has become a memes showing show.
Well, glad to see that !!!!
And also, I am appreciated all of your replies.
Guess all I can do is wait...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In the 80's this guy couldn't stop rubbing my bottle. You should've heard what he wished for!

Toot toot!
man.jpg

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I just seen a new hire (3 weeks in) that couldn't cut it at no other position become PT Sup. Long as you got a pulse and ain't killer crazy, UPS will hire you.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Hi, I'm new here to the forum, glad that I found this place. And I have a few questions about the hiring process. I applied for prt - package handler - Mesquite,TX.
I have gone to the first information session tour last Thursday (Aug 2nd) and a second tour for the shift I applied (preloader) this Mon (Aug 6th). Then, I had a short interview,around 10 mins, with the HR guy. It went well i believe, he said he'll contact me once my background check completed, and told me to finish the application online within 24 hours.
I wonder how long would the background check process take? And are there any chances that I will get the job. Should I call HR (he left me phone#) to ask ?
I just quit my last job to go back to school, therefore I really want this job. I know I'm a bit impatient, I just want to ask you guys about your opinions.

You'll hear from someone in about 3-5 days. My advice would be to learn all you can fast and then buckle up, buttercup, peak is around the corner. Welcome to UPS.

IESucks

Call hr instead of waisting your time here

I just seen a new hire (3 weeks in) that couldn't cut it at no other position become PT Sup. Long as you got a pulse and ain't killer crazy, UPS will hire you.

One of our peak hires wasn't really very good at anything and was told he's a supervisor or unemployed. These are the people who do your paychecks and time cards and pulls, routes, etc.

ravic

Hi guys, hope everybody having a nice day.
I just call HR this morning, the recruiter told my my background check has come back yesterday and looked good.
He "might" offer me the job this Friday, and set me up for my 1st day on Aug-21.
Tks everybody for ya' comments.
"might" is not....very sure. Hope everything goes well.

specter208

Hi guys, hope everybody having a nice day.
I just call HR this morning, the recruiter told my my background check has come back yesterday and looked good.
He "might" offer me the job this Friday, and set me up for my 1st day on Aug-21.
Tks everybody for ya' comments.
"might" is not....very sure. Hope everything goes well.
Go back in a week and try to physically talk with the recruiter and let him know you're still interested. If you get hired, you'd better not quit.

UrFellowUpser

I was crying my first 3 days back when i was a preloader. I could not believe a job could be like this compared to other jobs ive worked. One thing i can tell ya though UPS is the hardest job ive ever worked physically speaking. Also This job made me join a gym to stay fit cause this job will friend you up.

Zowert

All you gotta do is show up for work once you’re in. The preloaders at my center get a weekly bonus just for showing up to work on time every day they’re scheduled. Still many of them can’t seem to show up on time, or at all.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
All you gotta do is show up for work once you’re in. The preloaders at my center get a weekly bonus just for showing up to work on time every day they’re scheduled. Still many of them can’t seem to show up on time, or at all.
I showed up 30 mins early every day even after my probation period and I never got jack :censored2:

ravic

@UrFellowUpser thanks so much for the advice.
I've been a gym goer for 6 months. Never thought that could help me in this situation... haha.
@Zowert This center is just 5 mins driving from where I live. If I get the job, I'd try not to be late.