Questions of Peak Season and my current pay.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
I honestly dont notice a "peak season" as my Sups told me to prepare for. I have only stayed OT for 1hr 30min and was offered to work on Sunday (8 hours), though thats all that happened. I was expecting to be a lot worse. Just yesterday they send to guys home really early, because there was not much happening. Is this really peak season? Or does it become more harder when it comes to close Christmas time?

Now about my pay. I'm pretty sure I have been working there for 3 months (I even got a 401k paper through mail congratulationg me on my 3 months and telling me Im eligble or something of the like). Since I started out at $8.50, I would be at $9.00 right now because of the .50 raise. But my last 3 paychecks have said $9.50. Is it a mistake on their part? I'm going to talk to my Sups about it, but if it is a mistake, will they take away the extra money that I've gained on those last 3 paychecks?

ogrelord

Ground Down
you are hired on the new contract. 8.50 to start. start plus (90) calendar days 9.50. 10.00 after 1 year.10.50 after 2 years. 11.00 after 3 years, and 11.87 after 4 years. that's how your pay will go for this contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I honestly dont notice a "peak season" as my Sups told me to prepare for. I have only stayed OT for 1hr 30min and was offered to work on Sunday (8 hours), though thats all that happened. I was expecting to be a lot worse. Just yesterday they send to guys home really early, because there was not much happening. Is this really peak season? Or does it become more harder when it comes to close Christmas time?
You may have heard, but we are in a RECESSION. This will be one of our lightest peaks in recent memory. For example, it is 1600 and I have been home for 1/2 hour taking my lunch and break before I finish my last 6 pickups and then will punch out at 1730. It may get busier next Tuesday but nothing like a traditional Peak.

LVD*4*LIFE

ogrelord is correct. It is not a mistake. $9.50 is correct.

As far as volume goes, this is my 15th peak season on the docks & it is definitely light. I can not complain because I am getting just as much over time this year as last year, if not more!