Quick question

Nockahate9

Got a driver who has drove for over 20 years got into a slight conflict while delivering. Now he is working with me on preload until they investigate the case. I asked him out of curiousity what his preload pay rate was after driver with the company 20+ years and he said he couldn't tell me. I was just curious if it was drivers rate or preload rate with senority. anyone out there know?

over9five

Staff member
Got a driver who has drove for over 20 years got into a slight conflict while delivering. Now he is working with me on preload until they investigate the case. I asked him out of curiousity what his preload pay rate was after driver with the company 20+ years and he said he couldn't tell me. I was just curious if it was drivers rate or preload rate with senority. anyone out there know?

I would *hope* that he is getting full driver rate while the matter is being investigated. I think it must be more than a "slight" conflict to have been taken off road!

C'mon, Nockahate! You can tell us what happened, we won't tell anyone else....

Bloodybrown

I would *hope* that he is getting full driver rate while the matter is being investigated. I think it must be more than a "slight" conflict to have been taken off road!

C'mon, Nockahate! You can tell us what happened, we won't tell anyone else....

He should get the full driving rate while the investigation is being conducted, my guess the investigation may be an accident or unreported one, a complaint by a customer, or hopefully not workplace violence, he does need to tell us more if he wants commentary, but if he only want to know what the guy is making, it should be his normal driving rate.

drewed

Shankman
Who knows....the offending driver could be a member of BC.....in which case he may have a few words for you on monday....

Ghost in the Darkness

I would bet he is getting his driver rate. I know guys who double-shifted while on light duty to get their 8 hours and they worked at their driver rate. I can't imagine this drivers rate is any different and keep in mind its only a temporary situation... either he goes back to driving, gets suspended or gets fired.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Isn't it true that drivers get driver rate for a week, but then get kicked down to max preload or that particular max pay rate if they don't drive for 7 days straight??? Our guys that are laid off got booted down to top preload pay after a week. So I assume it's the same way nationwide.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It sounds as though the driver did something or, more likely, said something that prompted pulling him off the road. It also sounds like it wasn't to the point where suspension was warranted so they are allowing him to work on the inside (most likely at his current pay rate) while they sort the issue out. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up with a mini-vacation (unpaid) as a result of this incident. Please keep us posted on this.

Big Babooba

Years ago we had a driver who was making a delivery to a business. A female employee walked up and hugged him. He put his arm around her and kissed her on the cheek. Her boss saw this, called in a complaint and made a big stink about it. He was put on preload for the time it took UPS to make thier investigation (it took a while). It turned out that the girl was white, he was black and the boss was extremely prejudiced. He didn't lose too much though because we have a full time preload. He got his 40 hour guarantee at 15 cents an hour more than what he was making as a driver. He just worked less overtime on preload.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a female driver who was accused by a warehouse manager of pulling down her shorts and showing off a tattoo she had on her butt to a few of the male employees at the warehouse and causing a disruption.

The driver did not deny showing the tattoo, but she claimed that it was on her "upper thigh", and that she showed it by raising the hem of her shorts UP rather than pulling her shorts and undies DOWN. She was taken out of service for a few days but ultimately no disciplinary action was taken...although when asked by management to demonstrate how she was able to show off the tattoo without dropping her drawers, she declined to do so.:wink2: