quick question

kgrock

I was wondering if anyone knows if odc/fdc clerks are allowed to load packages, since they are part of the union or are they not supposed to do so?

hungrydude5

ODC? You mean international clerks? yes. If the belt is short handed then yea but you'd hafta have a whole sort call off or something. I'm both a fill in ODC auditor and a local sorter and i do both many a times when our regular ODC auditor isnt there. I usually get done in 2 hours and then go do smalls and then help load the trailers or i load up the belt.

kgrock

I ask this because I am a PT Sup for FDC for about a month now and I supervise 10 employees, some of which scan inside the trailers. There will be some occasions when the hub supervisor does not have a loader available for me so I would like to know if I can call upon one of my people to load until I am able to get a loader.:confused:1

hungrydude5

Yea, just make sure also that they aren't backed up with their job. if they really don't have much to do then it's ok. If they have a lot to do then its just curteosy to let them finish and find someone who isnt really doing anything