Quit!

overflowed

Office driver, I understand where you're coming from. But let me add... I've stated multiple times that everything I'm angry about is my fault mostly, because I chose to work there and I always had the option to quit. I never said FedEx was entirely to blame. Second, look around you. Do you think all the Ground drivers that are happy and successful spend any amount of time on this board? People come here with problems. Yes, I did come here to bitch a bit, and to share my experience with Ground. There were plenty of good things I experienced, most of them non Fed ex related. I developed a strong bond with my coworkers, and for the most part I had decent interactions with customers. As I also stated, if my posts don't apply to you, just ignore me. If you're happy driving office supplies around, then I'm happy for you. And costco water is fine, my point was, it's cheap! I ran my own company before and it's not rocket science when you mix food and employees. If you want to boost morale and show appreciation, you get decent food. If the message you want to send is "I'm being forced to buy you an appreciation breakfast, so here it is, this is what I subconsciously think of you" then you buy costco water and sausage biscuits.

And the period and comma button are your friend, brah.

I and many others here have always thought the same. Why are there only contractors on here spouting how great it is? No drivers but a few. If you look in relation to express posting here compared to ground drivers it is obvious that no ground drivers have any time to look up the site because they go home fall asleep because they are so tired. This is what I see with all the Ground and HD dudes and gals in my area.I'm sorry Maine Ground, except for you.

STFXG

Office driver, I understand where you're coming from. But let me add... I've stated multiple times that everything I'm angry about is my fault mostly, because I chose to work there and I always had the option to quit. I never said FedEx was entirely to blame. Second, look around you. Do you think all the Ground drivers that are happy and successful spend any amount of time on this board? People come here with problems. Yes, I did come here to bitch a bit, and to share my experience with Ground. There were plenty of good things I experienced, most of them non Fed ex related. I developed a strong bond with my coworkers, and for the most part I had decent interactions with customers. As I also stated, if my posts don't apply to you, just ignore me. If you're happy driving office supplies around, then I'm happy for you. And costco water is fine, my point was, it's cheap! I ran my own company before and it's not rocket science when you mix food and employees. If you want to boost morale and show appreciation, you get decent food. If the message you want to send is "I'm being forced to buy you an appreciation breakfast, so here it is, this is what I subconsciously think of you" then you buy costco water and sausage biscuits.

And the period and comma button are your friend, brah.

I and many others here have always thought the same. Why are there only contractors on here spouting how great it is? No drivers but a few. If you look in relation to express posting here compared to ground drivers it is obvious that no ground drivers have any time to look up the site because they go home fall asleep because they are so tired. This is what I see with all the Ground and HD dudes and gals in my area.I'm sorry Maine Ground, except for you.

So you admit that ground works much harder than express? Aren't you too mentally exhausted after such a difficult day of juggling windows?

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's because Ground drivers understand their situation. I only have a couple who view themselves as being here 20 years from now. For them and myself, it is what it is. Express, the couriers who have been dumped on for the past decade are the disgruntled ones here. Still getting stung by the fact that they are no longer the "jewel in the crown".

bbsam

Staff member
:rofl:

Yeah.....20 years? If you say so. :fingerscrossed:
oh. Is UPS going on a hiring spree? We know Express isn't. So what fields do you have on mind for them that pay more. They are in the same spot you are. Maybe not happy, but what are the better alternatives?

Epoisode7

So you admit that ground works much harder than express? Aren't you too mentally exhausted after such a difficult day of juggling windows?
Yes, me mentally tired. Juggle windows hard for me. Me Ground driver. Me sometime scan box with cell phone and try order pizza on scanner. Both have shiny numbers.

And no way. Express works way harder. I was friends with a few of the couriers out here. Constant micromanagement, much more critical delivery, more signatures.... no thank you! I did bulk business and some residential, 95% of which was driver release. Direct/indirect signs got one attempt each day and then a door tag. I did not leave my number or use my phone for contacting customers, unless FredEx wanted to pay for it. Physically it was more work, I suppose. Often times, and this was applicable to all drivers in my terminal, we had boxes smashed beyond recognition because another box fell on it. It would just get wrapped in packing tape. I worked out of a van (formerly a budweiser delivery van) with no shelves. I often had to use my cab to hold packages. Common place in the terminal I worked in. That place is one accident away from being shut down.

I only have a couple who view themselves as being here 20 years from now.
"Here" as in working for Ground.... or "here" as in alive? Either one is debatable.

CJinx

Will you please come to my terminal and tell them this??? Got my ass chewed out one day for meeting my area's HD driver at 4:00, taking 22 stops (mostly office businesses) and getting them all serviced before they closed. Had I done a 79 on them, I wouldn't have had time to make service.
I would if I wasn't trying to get this point across in my own house. Sometimes I think the sort manager would rather see a pile of inbound service failures that didn't even get on the trucks rather than have his accuracy be .1% lower. He doesn't care about the rest of the operation so long as his numbers look good.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
oh. Is UPS going on a hiring spree? We know Express isn't. So what fields do you have on mind for them that pay more. They are in the same spot you are. Maybe not happy, but what are the better alternatives?

I see a lot of Ground turnover. Most of them don't last a year.

You're blowing smoke and badly at that.

HomeDelivery

Will you please come to my terminal and tell them this??? Got my ass chewed out one day for meeting my area's HD driver at 4:00, taking 22 stops (mostly office businesses) and getting them all serviced before they closed. Had I done a 79 on them, I wouldn't have had time to make service.

your driver should have 79 them at the "end of the day" process... he would have entered your van # and just apply the same code to those 22 stops; no scanning needed!

soc151

HomeDelivery said:
your driver should have 79 them at the "end of the day" process... he would have entered your van # and just apply the same code to those 22 stops; no scanning needed!

To be fair, it wasn't my scanner at the end of the day. I had no control over that part of it. Also was a different ISP...so not my employee/co-worker to tell what to do. Welcome to the wonderful world of Ground!

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/quit-350582/index6.html#ixzz2Vra4sT5p

A bulk en route transfer wouldn't have taken any additional time...

This was back when they didn't have that function enabled. And some jackhole had also told us that we had to scan and close each stop individually, not in one batched stop. So yeah, 79 wasn't happening.

MaineGroundDriver

Seriously, a 79 takes how long? Even with 79 pkgs .. 3 minutes??