R.I.P. Ron Carey

A

anonymous6

As I mentioned in a previous post, Mr. Carey was an unusual Man. The kind that only comes around just every once in a while.

I have a book called "TEAMSTERS" in which the author profiles a handfill of powerful teamsters and there is a whole chapter on Ron.

It chronicles his early days as a shop stewart and all he did for his men. He tells a story where he placed a hidden tape recorder in his briefcase because UPS management was trying to frame and fire him. Very interesting reading.

Things haven't changed that much.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I wonder if there is a clip on Ron's grandson, when he said that his grandfather stood up and said NO to the president of the United States.

Think about that! We had a leader that could say NO to the most powerful man in this country, and now we have a leader that cant say no to a ceo, but can say NO to the members! What a difference 10 years makes

cancun

Too bad he put his own personal agenda before the good of his members. Many Teamsters in my area tried to get him to put UPS proposals to a vote and in true dictatorial fashion he rebuked them. Good riddance

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Too bad he put his own personal agenda before the good of his members. Many Teamsters in my area tried to get him to put UPS proposals to a vote and in true dictatorial fashion he rebuked them. Good riddance

This is what I love about the Brown Cafe, there are so many different opinions and views. Just my 2¢, before Ron's friends & family go haywire.

local804

I will see you in Hell my friend......
In one of his old posts, he talks about cutting a route(must be a suit). A supervisor with class, see em every day. I bet he is one of mine......