Rain gear

542thruNthru

Rain???
Screenshot_20181123-164455.png

263 days of sun. :)

JL 0513

Getting wet does not cause sickness. Do you also avoid bath tubs and swimming pools?

I was going to say the same thing. His grandmother (along with every other grandmother back in the day) told him he'd "catch pneumonia" if he went out in the rain. Haha.

Funny people think weather itself causes illness. They used to tell us we'd catch a cold if we didn't zipper our coat. It's hilarious.

ajhstl

I was going to say the same thing. His grandmother (along with every other grandmother back in the day) told him he'd "catch pneumonia" if he went out in the rain. Haha.

Funny people think weather itself causes illness. They used to tell us we'd catch a cold if we didn't zipper our coat. It's hilarious.
It’s real easy to get hypothermic while being rained on with the temp at 37 degrees, genius. Next time just don’t join in the thread if you have nothing intelligent to add.

JL 0513

It’s real easy to get hypothermic while being rained on with the temp at 37 degrees, genius. Next time just don’t join in the thread if you have nothing intelligent to add.

I wasn't making fun of you but rather old wives' tales.

We were talking about how weather doesn't directly make you sick. Hypothermia is a medical condition but isn't getting "sick" as in a viral/bacterial condition. Just as frost bite isn't a sickness. Cold's, the flu, pneumonia, etc. are caused by viruses not weather. That was the point.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What do most PC drivers do for rain gear? As far as I know we are only issued the winter coat and a windbreaker with optional vest. Neither of these are waterproof.
Northface rain coat. They offer a brown one that is as close to Pullman Brown you can get. 85 bucks

bumped

I wasn't making fun of you but rather old wives' tales.

We were talking about how weather doesn't directly make you sick. Hypothermia is a medical condition but isn't getting "sick" as in a viral/bacterial condition. Just as frost bite isn't a sickness. Cold's, the flu, pneumonia, etc. are caused by viruses not weather. That was the point.

I do believe that not wearing a jacket per se does lower the immune system making it more susceptible to illness. There seems to be a study out every year or so cancelling each other out.

JL 0513

I do believe that not wearing a jacket per se does lower the immune system making it more susceptible to illness. There seems to be a study out every year or so cancelling each other out.

Whether that's true could be up for debate but the main reason why people get sick more often in colder weather is just a matter of viruses thriving better in colder temps.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Just keep honking someone will come out.

If I expect it I will wear my waterproof hiking boots otherwise I keep a spare set of socks in my bag.
Get a fresh roll of DR bags, they open up much faster.
The rain isnt much worse than 100 degree days.(rain is actually better)

DriverNerd

I wear a rain jacket I found on amazon. 13 bucks or so. Black. I put it on when I'm on route if I need to. If it's a light rain I stick with the windbreaker.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Never order your size in UPS Shirts, I was an XL , but wore 4XL. Plenty of room to have your skin breathe in warm days and plenty of room to wear some winter clothes under for cooler days. I also drove with both doors open on warm days and only closed the passenger door on cold days. Kept sups from taking a second ride-along with me.