Raise+retro=more stops

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I feel ya dude, but im not even phased by the long hours anymore. Just more money in my pocket is the way I look at it. Doesn't matter how many stops these fools put on me im not working any faster or harder. Ill just kick em in the nuttz deep into the night and make more cheese on these idiots. It don't matter if I get home at 5 or 11, im a still do the same routine I do every night when I get home regardless of the time. You cant let this job control your life as to how you spend your free time at home when you get home. If a person does that they've already been mentally defeated by the job. Its always mind over matter in whatever you do in life.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

How many of you guys working in centers where they don't care about having pretty much all of their drivers on the 9.5 report, let alone paying the grievances associated with that, work in centers staffed with a lot of drivers? Is it that more suburban or rural centers with less drivers operate this way?

In my center they really try to work with the 9.5 list. We are supposed to send a message if we are going to be out past 9.5. If they send you to help someone, it is contingent on you still making 9.5. Personally I've noticed that after one or two days of working 10 hours I'll get a dispatch under 9. I once asked the dispatch supv if he did that; he said "No, just a coincidence", but later that day I found a bunch of stops that were supposed to have been pulled but weren't; he had, in fact, made me lighter after I'd been out for 10 hours the day before.

I haven't worked in a center where they didn't care about 9.5 (although, honestly, I've only worked in two centers).

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I punched out on Friday at 250 with 121 stops. Couldn't believe they sent me out that light with a lot of other drivers jacked up. I don't kow if it was a coincidence or if they did it on purpose thinking send me out light to go help some other drivers out or what. I guess I got done so fast and got in so early before they could check the radar. I slipped in there early and disappeared like a virgin on prom night out of there lmfao.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The new contract has language to address understaffing, which the union can now supposedly be involved with pushing ups to hire more people. What do you guys think about this new language and does anyone know If the union has plans to use this in the near future???

What'dyabringmetoday???

Upstate Ny
I am aware of how unpopular I am, but I believe you MAY be incorrect regarding the pension. There was a time when the IRS had a ruling that we could not receive a pension that would be more than when working. At that time, there was a formula based on the best three years. I do not think that is the case any longer. Doesn't matter how much overtime, only the first forty count. (This was not meant to be confrontational or sarcastic like many of my posts)

rod

Retired 22 years
The next thing will be the "9.5" protection clause disappearing--- like the day after Thanksgiving--- and don't say it can't happen.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The next thing will be the "9.5" protection clause disappearing--- like the day after Thanksgiving--- and don't say it can't happen.
No- we just got this amazing "UPSdate" in the mail. 9.5 is streamlined, harassment is addressed, thousands of new full-time jobs will be added. Wait- where have we heard this before??

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I am aware of how unpopular I am, but I believe you MAY be incorrect regarding the pension. There was a time when the IRS had a ruling that we could not receive a pension that would be more than when working. At that time, there was a formula based on the best three years. I do not think that is the case any longer. Doesn't matter how much overtime, only the first forty count. (This was not meant to be confrontational or sarcastic like many of my posts)

No problem. I have not heard of any change. Maybe when my BA comes in his 6 month visit. I will ask him. If it is the case. I will definitely be going before the end of this contract

kingOFchester

Teamcare would of gone down better with a little sugar.

The sugar could of been something along the lines of this:

Sign up on the 9.5 list. You remain on 9.5 list until you decide to go off of the 9.5 list. Any work over 9.5 is paid at triple time.....automatically. Any money not paid on pay check that is grieved is paid at 4 times.