raise ?S

LaUpser

did anyone else recieve a raise this week cuz i notice my check today had a increase from 11.35 to 12.50 is this normal i have not even made 2yrs yet an im at 12.50 already and lookin in the had book by da time 2012 ill be at almost 15-16 i guess but can someone clear that up for me.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
We just got our back pay checks and raises last week. I think it was because 710's contract finally went through. What local are you in LA?

gandydancer

did anyone else recieve a raise this week cuz i notice my check today had a increase from 11.35 to 12.50 is this normal i have not even made 2yrs yet an im at 12.50 already and lookin in the had book by da time 2012 ill be at almost 15-16 i guess but can someone clear that up for me.

Seniority plus one year is $10 unskilled, $11 skilled. Latter plus $.35 8/1 general raise is $11.35. Dunno where they're getting $12.50, but no need to tell them. If it ain't broke don't fix it. At worst it's a free loan. Try to save it.

squirlygirly

Contract changes due to one of our biggest hubs going on strike. On strike for less than 4 hours before UPS HAD to "bow down" to demands. One of them was a raise for part-timers that involved an $.85 (cent) raise, also known as "Cost Of Living". What you will also notice different, come your 3rd year (hire date, 3 years ago), instead of you receiving the mandatory raise of $.50 (cent), you will only see an increase of $.15 (once again, cent) in your paycheck.

Louisville is the central heart of this whole company. It is SOOOO large, a package from one end of the building to the other travels 3.85 miles. Along with a train that runs right through it for frieght and it is also totally computerized. Look at a label the next time, and I'm not talking for sake misload, misorting, etc. There is a "bulls-eye" looking graphic on it that is read by the computers mainly in this hub, then transferred to appropriate belts, not by man but by computer.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Contract changes due to one of our biggest hubs going on strike. On strike for less than 4 hours before UPS HAD to "bow down" to demands. One of them was a raise for part-timers that involved an $.85 (cent) raise, also known as "Cost Of Living". What you will also notice different, come your 3rd year (hire date, 3 years ago), instead of you receiving the mandatory raise of $.50 (cent), you will only see an increase of $.15 (once again, cent) in your paycheck.

Louisville is the central heart of this whole company. It is SOOOO large, a package from one end of the building to the other travels 3.85 miles. Along with a train that runs right through it for frieght and it is also totally computerized. Look at a label the next time, and I'm not talking for sake misload, misorting, etc. There is a "bulls-eye" looking graphic on it that is read by the computers mainly in this hub, then transferred to appropriate belts, not by man but by computer.

Uhhm, the human readable? do you think the HR is special or something, like Lousiville only has or uses it? it's just a fancy barcode that is used widely in the UPS system.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Uhhm, the human readable? do you think the HR is special or something, like Lousiville only has or uses it? it's just a fancy barcode that is used widely in the UPS system.

Not the Human Readiable...it is the UPScode (old Dense Code/SmartCode).
It is a 2 dimensional barcode that contains address and package specific information. Designed to be able to be read by CCD scanners on belts moving 800 ft/min.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not the Human Readiable...it is the UPScode (old Dense Code/SmartCode).
It is a 2 dimensional barcode that contains address and package specific information. Designed to be able to be read by CCD scanners on belts moving 800 ft/min.

I'm sorry, I had meant the MAXICODE. That is what it's called. Again, It isn't like that is just specific to Louisville. We all use it.

squirlygirly

WOW!!! That's amazing!!! Cause our building was erected in 1988 and we still use the "lines", you know those things that run vertically right below the tracking number, to scan a package...:slap:

Apparently 99.9% of my reply was, otherwise, correct! YEAH ME!!!

Talk about "getting off topic"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
WOW!!! That's amazing!!! Cause our building was erected in 1988 and we still use the "lines", you know those things that run vertically right below the tracking number, to scan a package...:slap:

Apparently 99.9% of my reply was, otherwise, correct! YEAH ME!!!

Talk about "getting off topic"

I'm too confused about the raises to go back on topic. I don't see how someone without 2 years in can jump from $9.50 an hour to $12.50, nevermind $8.50.

50 cents for seniority, correct?
50 cents for 1 year?
$1.10/hr for Aug 2007 contract raise?
$.35/hr for Aug 2008 raise

maybe I'm missing a raise they recieved, and they started at $9.50 for skilled pay...