Raised dues

Gman24

The Teamsters WILL, HAVE, and CAN raise dues at the drop of a hat whenever they feel they need more of OUR money to do whatever with that they feel necessary. A lot of you have forgotten the last raise in dues, It was for a good cause, STRIKE FUND!!!!LOL! What a joke. I'm telling you guys, I just mailed my ballot back to the TEAMSTERS and I DID NOT vote for Hoffa. I wanted to remain a TEAMSTER just long enough to be able to vote against HOFFA. I did not vote for him the first go around either. I will not give them another dime after this year ,whether the APWA is voted in or not. Hoffa or no Hoffa either.

APWA has crunched the numbers and can operate on half of the monthly dues that the TEAMSTERS get, (after the 1st 6 months). APWA has also vowed to not raise dues at any time without a vote BY IT"S MEMBERS. I'd bet money that the Teamsters wouldn;t think of doing it like that. After all it's OUR money for them to be able to take whenever they need it.

Dues

Stop your whining. If the dues,the company or the teamsters suck so much LEAVE.Go work for fedex or some other non union company so your troubles will go away.You wont have any union dues or Ibt problems at fedex!!Go ahead ,go work for freddy boy.I bet you wont because you wont get the pay or benefits the teamster contract provides you.Your biting the hand that feeds you.UPS would roll over you without the teamsters backing.YOUR JUST TOO BLIND TO SEE THAT!!!!Hopefully your will never find out that I am right.Your dues are nothing for what you get for it.You piss away more on other silly sh#t and dont blink an eye,so why does paying dues matter.I cant stand ignorance sometimes. YOUR GLASS IS HALF FULL, NOT HALF EMPTY.Please repeat that 10 times .THANK YOU!:w00t:

A

Anon

Re: Dues

Stop your whining. If the dues,the company or the teamsters suck so much LEAVE.Go work for fedex or some other non union company so your troubles will go away.You wont have any union dues or Ibt problems at fedex!!Go ahead ,go work for freddy boy.I bet you wont because you wont get the pay or benefits the teamster contract provides you.Your biting the hand that feeds you.UPS would roll over you without the teamsters backing.YOUR JUST TOO BLIND TO SEE THAT!!!!Hopefully your will never find out that I am right.Your dues are nothing for what you get for it.You piss away more on other silly sh#t and dont blink an eye,so why does paying dues matter.I cant stand ignorance sometimes. YOUR GLASS IS HALF FULL, NOT HALF EMPTY.Please repeat that 10 times .THANK YOU!:w00t:
I don't think this person doesn't want a union they just don't want the Teamsters.

DorkHead

Right On 1980. Dues are 2 and one half times your hourly rate so they go up when you get a raise which was negotiated for us by the teamsters. Quit your frigging whining and plan for your future!!!

over9five

Staff member
Shopping around for a better deal is the American way! It's democracy. That's why we have elections for public officials. If you believe the person in office is not doing the job, then you do what you can to get him out. You vote for someone you believe will do the job.

30andout

You still just don't get it, we would like a union that represents just UPS people, not every small co. in the world.

browniehound

I happen to think the dues are pretty fair. We dont't have to pay health insurance premiums like most other working Americans. At the very minimum, I just figure its my health insurance cost, and as a bonus i get a union negotiated wage and protection.

mittam

Pay and benifits our contract provides us is almost funny seeing how the teamsters keep taking and taking. All they want from us is more and more everyday. The company wants more hours and the teamsters want more money we the ups cash cows freely give them it's time to take a stand against them and leave them, go with the APWA and some honesty integrity and restore union pride.

R

rocketman

If you don't like paying dues then call your union hall and get out. You guys think the whole union is UPS. It's not. There are many fine companies and even townships in the Teamsters. When you do resign from the union make sure to tell your supervisors and all the drivers loaders unloaders what you did. If you cant afford the tax deductible dues you should not be in the teamsters or any other union. What the dues are now is really not much for what we get. You or I really cant even comprehend the fights or negotiations that went on or are still going on. UPS and other companys complain. They hate giving up money like anyone. But without the teamsters and other unions some of the strongest companies would not need gaurd shacks, they would just need a revolving door. A lot of teamster jobs were lost over the years but it's in part due to goverment regulations, not because of supervisor mo, curly or sue. The founder of UPS wanted his employees to work hard but also to have enough money to buy the the items we ship everyday. Jim Cason, the founder for those of you who dont know, invited the teamsters in. He knew what he was doing. He had a long range plan for the company and so far it's worked. He wouldn't want to admit it, if was alive today, but the teamsters help him lead the way. Our socitey is changing rapidly; the new supervsiors have modern ideas, not always good; the best ideas come from witin the rank and file. So if you dont want to pay dues, I'll pay your last week's dues then you get out and stand nearly alone with you favorite supervisor let me know how it goes.

Gman24

Jim Cason, the founder for those of you who dont know, invited the teamsters in. He knew what he was doing. He had a long range plan for the company and so far it's worked. He wouldn't want to admit it, if was alive today, but the teamsters help him lead the way. Our socitey is changing rapidly; the new supervsiors have modern ideas, not always good; the best ideas come from witin the rank and file. So if you dont want to pay dues, I'll pay your last week's dues then you get out and stand nearly alone with you favorite supervisor let me know how it goes.[/quote]

It's JIM CASEY by the way. Not Jim Cason, I'm sure that was a typo, right? LOL!!!!!! Just for those of you who don;t know.

If your accountant is letting you use your Union dues as a tax right off or deduction, you are breaking the law. I've tried it myself. My accountant WILL NOT let me use mine.

I'm not ANTI UNION, I'm just anti Teamster. I am not denying any of the things you say about better wages and benefits because of the Union. But you see, the UNION is not what it is supposed to be anymore. the Union is supposed to be US. The Teamsters are all about control and power now. I work in an "open Shop" state. I have also tried a couple of times to get out and our local President has told myself as well as several others at my center that it will cost us more to get out than to stay in. If anyone knows the best way out without hiring a lawyer, please let me know.

I even showed my center Steward my APWA membership card hoping to be kicked out and that didn;t work. You see guys, all they want is OUR money.

there are 3 guys at my center who had been out of work for several months on workmans comp. when they came back they were notified by the Union that they were in arrears by several hundred dollars each. Apparently there is a limit on what they can take out of your check without your permission. Well, none of these guys are still in the Union. they decided they were better off not paying up. From what I have seen this is the easiest way out. No hassle that way.

jccuch

retired & love it !!!!!
thay raise your dues every time you get a raise,you should know that, how long you been with ups, thats is why you get a rase!!!!!!

any122

adirondack man

I think 1980 gets a kick back from HOFFA.1980 only finds good with all teamster matters.You can always pick out the followers but the real leaders always get over looked.Its people like 1980 who should go to work for fedx they need teamsters.The smart people who work for UPS are not following or leading they are standing with each other and making changes.We refuse to stand buy and let the corruption,lies and do nothing for the hard working employees that pay the dues go on any longer.People like 1980 are the ones that bitch the loudest but sit back and don't act.TO bad for him That the people with a set between thier legs refuse to let it go on any longer and are speaking very loud.NO MORE IBT BRING ON THE CHANGE APWA ALL THE WAY!Fore you 1980 are the blind one.Your glass isn't have full its BROKEN!