Raises for the new contract

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by kidboy123, Oct 11, 2018.

1. kidboy123

kidboy123 New Member

Hello everyone I started as a parttime unloader on October 2 2017. I am currently making 15$ an hour our hub gave all partimers raises from 10.20 hour to 15$ early 2018. I have just hit my one year and was hoping id get that .70cent raise. but have yet to see in paystub. Do we get the raise once we hit once year seniority or would i have to wait 1 year from when contact was in effect august 1. Was going to wait another paystub before i ask the sup see if it comes in

2. suff0cati0n

suff0cati0n Under Paid Slave

You wont see a raise until 2022 most likely when you hit $15.50. Since you are already at top rate for the 2013-2018 contract, you wont be getting anything except maybe another week of vacation time.

3. Just A UPS Guy

Just A UPS Guy Active Member

fkning-kidding-me-gif.gif

4. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

R

Are we sure on that?
    I thought I read on one of the Rising updates that those receiving a market rate adjustment would get the GWI. I will look for it.

5. mikejonesjr

mikejonesjr Active Member

Your not getting the raise. That's correct you won't see a raise until your GWI exceeds $15 hr. Which should be aug 2021when you hit $15.70

6. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

We are still working under the previous contract

7. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

From the July 27 Rising update.

Those with a market rate adjustment will receive the GWI.

maket rate.png

Disclaimer

This info is from the IBT website. They have been known to make things up as they go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

You will get the raise when the new contract is ratified.

9. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

You go back to $13/hr m.. thanks Obama

10. Days

Days Active Member

How sure are you of this

11. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

While you're worried about a small raise that will probably throw you in a higher tax bracket causing your take-home to get smaller, we just lost our union.

I would have given up 5 years of raises to get rid of this 22.4 giveback. UPS should be hiring MORE FULL-TIME DRIVERS to meet demands, not creating a cheaper driver and union-busting classism. I'm getting madder by the day that our union had it set in stone to ram this through no matter what the election result was. Hoffa would have overruled a 90% No, 10% Yes result.