ralph nader on expectations, the american dream, corporate welfare

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
do we run a govt budget like we run a household?

should corporations have spent all their money on stock buybacks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEGENETRON
You're not too bright kid.

Companies aren't designed to have zero revenue. When they make a profit they either pay a dividend, buy back stock, or use it to expand.

Companies don't sit on cash and watch it devalue to inflation. It's not like you keeping money in your piggy back in case mom stops giving you an allowance.

rickyb

Companies aren't designed to have zero revenue. When they make a profit they either pay a dividend, buy back stock, or use it to expand.

Companies don't sit on cash and watch it devalue to inflation. It's not like you keeping money in your piggy back in case mom stops giving you an allowance.
stock buy backs are awful but i believe dear leader ronnie gave us that.

and wow companies who spent all their money on buybacks are asking for bailouts would you imagine that!

rickyb

upload_2020-3-31_20-31-28.png
upload_2020-3-31_20-32-21.png
upload_2020-3-31_20-32-47.png
Ralph Nader: How CEO Stock Buybacks Parasitize the Economy - Evonomics

rickyb

scahill on the trillions of corporate welfare being dolled out:

DJT: This is going to be a very painful, very, very painful two weeks.

JS: Before we get to the heart of today’s show, I want to take a moment to say that some of the most powerful and wealthy individuals in the United States right now are treating essential workers like disposable garbage and they are treating taxpayer money as their for-profit feeding trough. The so-called coronavirus bailout is one of the most disgraceful and monumental pieces of legislation ever signed into law in this country. Not a single U.S. senator voted against this bill. Not one. And we have no idea what the specific positions of the 435 members of the House of Representatives are because they didn’t allow a recorded vote on the bill. The leadership, Democrats and Republicans, just sailed it right through to Trump’s desk. Just one member of Congress — a Republican — tried to force a roll call vote and that failed.

Anthony G. Brown: For what purpose does this gentleman seek recognition?

Thomas Massie: Mr. Speaker, I came here to make sure our republic doesn’t die by unanimous consent and empty chamber and I request a recorded vote.

JS: Yes, this bill does contain some stuff for the serfs, for the ordinary people. It contains some pretty meager crumbs that had to be fought over to get them off the table of the rich that are ultimately going to go to some poor or working people and families. But overwhelmingly this bill was the quintessential reverse Robin Hood — it steals from the poor and working class and it gives, almost with no meaningful oversight, taxpayer funds hand over fist to the richest corporations in this country.

Essential Workers and the Reverse Robin Hood Coronavirus Bailout

rickyb

the bailout for the corporations has little to no oversight, and the bailout for average joes is a combination of inadequate and too slow.

the bailout for the corporations has little to no oversight, and the bailout for average joes is a combination of inadequate and too slow.
My job is more lucrative than any one time payment. Luckily I’m a corporation.

i dont like buying stocks or housing when its high.
Housing and stocks are always high. More than likely a house will be higher in 30-40 years. If you bought a house in 1980 and sold it in 2009. You probably did very very well. I bought a house in 1993 and 1999...both were higher in 2009.

rickyb

Housing and stocks are always high. More than likely a house will be higher in 30-40 years. If you bought a house in 1980 and sold it in 2009. You probably did very very well. I bought a house in 1993 and 1999...both were higher in 2009.
stocks and housing are in bubble territory. or they were anyways. ill wait on schiller to say when to buy stocks.