Ramp Agent/CRR: What do they do.

SmithBarney

I would imagine they pu and deliver packages as well as manage either the inbound or outbound flight.
I guess I was curious about the Ramp portion(we don't have one of these where I am, and no one really knows) Also the Station gets it's own feeder flight(1 per day) so I guess the Ramp agent, possibly shuttles freight to station(not located at airport)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I guess I was curious about the Ramp portion(we don't have one of these where I am, and no one really knows) Also the Station gets it's own feeder flight(1 per day) so I guess the Ramp agent, possibly shuttles freight to station(not located at airport)
I know on the outbound side a ramp agent is in charge of weights and balances on the plane. Not sure what they do in the AM.

Star B

White Lightening
It all depends on the station. If it's like, a cessna station, you may be the one meeting with the plane and getting the freight, or... if it's that small, everyone might be a ramp/crr and everyone just meets the plane, grabs their freight, and runs off to deliver it.

At our station, a ramp/crr is someone who typically has a pup route and then comes back and works the reload. Occasionally, that position has been slid to working ramp/heavyweights for most of the day with only being a crr when absolutely needed.

overflowed

operational needs is correct, I actually called a pm manager I'm cool with and known for many years. It was a quick conversation as he was working, but the gist of what he said is this. You work at the ramp and load up the cans . They have a good idea of how much freight comes from each station so you are basically weighing the cans and make sure the cans on the plane are balanced out so there is no plane going nose down and have tom hanks freaking out on an island. May be more but thats what I understood of it. Also, before I left I was working with a crr that left that position because they were downgrading them in the area to part time gigs. From what I remember asking about it , he said kind of the same. Hope this helps SB.

El Morado Diablo

At small stations that get one (or more Caravans) you are responsible for receiving the inbound/outbound flights and the freight trucked from the ramp. Most small stations will have one ramp agent in charge of the AM and one in charge of the PM.

What type of route you run depends on your location. Eastern locations might have AM ramp/delivery route or PUP route/PM ramp duties. In many of the Western locations everyone works the same shift so one ramp agent will handle the AM side and another will handle the PM side of the operation. The routes you are assigned are usually closest to the station.

vantexan

Have worked two small stations like this. At both the ramp agent is out there with the Orange sticks guiding the taxiing plane to a stop. He worked both ends with a pickup rt that allowed him to get back early. The other location was bigger. Several couriers met plane for inbound in their stepvans. Station wasn't at airport. In the evening it reversed. Ramp agent/courier was there morning and evening. I only went to that station to help so don't know how many agents they had.