Ran out of fuel

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I do less than 30 miles a day so I could fuel every 3 days too but the car wash guys still do it everynight

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We fuel off-site so it would be a waste for me to fuel everyday. The only exception is on the Friday before vacation---I always make sure the tank is full and expect the same when I come back.

Resident know-it-all.

Theking30

SHORTY
Nowadays ups spends a lot of money training drivers. I am leaning on you getting another chance. Go ahead call and talk to supervisor. You should make an effort to keep your job.

bluebiker

If you haven't driven a tractor-trailer in 12yrs and they hired you as seasonal they might be a little desperate for drivers so you might luck out. Last year at peak they were road testing causals the week before Christmas.
I asked an on-road about it an he said they couldn't get people who knew how to shift gears. I Don't make any further friend-ups and you might have a chance. Every week I go in they are training more feeder drivers.

Haven't had to drive a rattletrap K-flopper in a while (thank God) but when I did and I pretripped them if I didn't see the screen full of fuel I'd top it up.

Good Luck.

Insaneasylum

If you haven't driven a tractor-trailer in 12yrs and they hired you as seasonal they might be a little desperate for drivers so you might luck out. Last year at peak they were road testing causals the week before Christmas.
I asked an on-road about it an he said they couldn't get people who knew how to shift gears. I Don't make any further friend-ups and you might have a chance. Every week I go in they are training more feeder drivers.

Haven't had to drive a rattletrap K-flopper in a while (thank God) but when I did and I pretripped them if I didn't see the screen full of fuel I'd top it up.

Good Luck.
Got called in to day for a run and saw the feeder manager. He said hello to me but that was it. So I'll just keep doing the best job I can. Be safe and really double check every thing in a speedy manner. Hook ups are stil going a little slow. But I'm always double checking my clearance.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Got called in to day for a run and saw the feeder manager. He said hello to me but that was it. So I'll just keep doing the best job I can. Be safe and really double check every thing in a speedy manner. Hook ups are stil going a little slow. But I'm always double checking my clearance.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Stop doing things in a speedy manner, that's what got you in trouble the first time.

bluebiker

Agreed

Develop a routine. Rain, snow, etc, you do it the same way every day, every time.

Exactly, do it the same way every time. Develop habits.

What can get you in trouble is a distraction. Was dropping a trailer last night, got interrupted by the yard checkers almost drove off without disconnecting the air line and trailer cord. Cord popped out and I caught it in the rear view mirror. Backed up and disconnected the air lines. Have heard they can pop off and break the back window, (don't ask....).

At least I had the landing gear cranked down.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's a good sign you were called back.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Every driver should fuel every vehicle every night. Can't count how many times I walk in and a different truck is in my spot with a half empty tank. It makes a difference on a 200+ mile route.

oldngray

nowhere special
Every driver should fuel every vehicle every night. Can't count how many times I walk in and a different truck is in my spot with a half empty tank. It makes a difference on a 200+ mile route.

There is no guarantee you will have the same truck every day so you could be screwing someone else (or get screwed yourself) by starting the day with a half empty truck that wasn't fueled the night before. Fueling is part of doing the job and you get paid by the hour to do it.

OPTION3

There is no guarantee you will have the same truck every day so you could be screwing someone else (or get screwed yourself) by starting the day with a half empty truck that wasn't fueled the night before. Fueling is part of doing the job and you get paid by the hour to do it.
A full fuel tank also cuts down on moisture in the system

Insaneasylum

Funny after my run last night I fueled and washed. Then the sup came up to me and said don't fuel and wash unless it says so on the sheet. So that's what I'll do. Even though I hate not knowing if it's going to get done. I like to do stuff myself that way I know it's done. Oh love your pic also go pack go

Sent using BrownCafe App

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Backed up and disconnected the air lines. Have heard they can pop off and break the back window, (don't ask....).

They can do a LOT worse than that.