Ran out of fuel

Johney

Exactly, do it the same way every time. Develop habits.

What can get you in trouble is a distraction. Was dropping a trailer last night, got interrupted by the yard checkers almost drove off without disconnecting the air line and trailer cord. Cord popped out and I caught it in the rear view mirror. Backed up and disconnected the air lines. Have heard they can pop off and break the back window, (don't ask....).

At least I had the landing gear cranked down.
I heard when you get distracted, start your whole routine over from the beginning.

QKRSTKR

Well even after running out of fuel my first day I was hired on full time. The sup asked me yesterday.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Good for you. Being off the street just do things UPS way and you will be fine. It's the guys off the street that think their way is better that get in trouble.

Insaneasylum

Were you seasonal? Funny they would hire you on before the free period is over?

Yep I started as seasonal. And seasonal ends sept 1 but they hired me on early and also they are giving me all the days I worked toward the 30 working days probation. So I only have 16 more days to go.

Sent using BrownCafe App

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
Be optimistic, management may be merciful to you. However, NEVER EVER EVER let it happen again, and be sure to denote your fuel level before you lave and regularly while on the road, say every 10-20 miles or so, that way you can see if the gauge is working properly or not. I've had a similar situation in a package car, the wash didn't fill my truck for about 2 or 3 days in a row and I was still pretty green so I didn't check my gauge during my pre-trip, and by the time I noticed I had a low amount off fuel, I had to decide whether to chance that I could finish out the day, or return to the center immediately to fuel up with my helper... I chanced it, and got pretty close, but ended up having to drive about 20 miles back to the center to fill up and get back on route for 10 more stops... urrggggg....

After that, I refueld my own truck every night when I got back, and I never forgot to check my gauges again.

If you're given a second chance, do everything in your power to demonstrate to management that you can and will do the job without making such a silly mistake again. But hey, :censored2: happens, and if you have a good management and they didn't get chewed out too badly, they'll probably say to you more or less what I've said to you, and all will be well if you mind your p's and q's.

Best of luck!
Cheers