Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
The winter solstice will take place on 22 December in the northern hemisphere, marking the longest night and shortest day of the year. From this date until the summer solstice in June, there will be more daylight hours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was channel surfing.....way up at 39? something. I found the Seasonal songs and of course it's all Christmas now. I'm really enjoying them......oldies like Perry Como, Tony Bennett and Johnny Mathis......but also,Bieber's renditions are OK too.....even Jessicsa Simpson. Much better than constant news noise.....except I hope I don't miss any chases.

moreluck

golden ticket member
c0bb29caf10a6ffc04c62fcd32af59d5.jpg

3 October 1953 - The first triple dead heat in harness racing occurred when Patchover, Payne Hall and Penny Maid dead-heated for a win at Freehold Raceway.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christmas Presents

Here are ten useful phrases for responding to Christmas presents you would rather not have received:

1. Thanks a lot!
2. My word! What a gift.
3. Well, well, well ...
4. If I hadn't put on so much weight recently it would have fitted me perfectly.
5. Gosh, I hope I never lose this. We're always losing things around here.
6. It's great; but I'm worried about the envy it may create.
7. Just my luck to get this on the very Christmas I promised to give all my gifts to charity.
8. Unfortunately, I am about to enter MI5's Witness Protection programme.
9. Frankly, I don't deserve this.
10. Really, you shouldn't h

moreluck

golden ticket member
Embarrassing grandchildren is a riot.....especially when they're 20 and think they are sophisticated. Daughters can help do it too.
Daughter has life size plastic skeleton......she usually has it sitting in the back seat of her Mustang.

We went to the grocery store yesterday with "Sam" (skeleton). We sat him in a cart and he was wearing a rock shirt (AC-DC) and a Santa hat. The store was packed.

We wheeled that cart up and down every aisle.....all the people were smiling and granddaughter was trying like crazy to disassociate herself to these 2 loonies. Everyone wished us a Merry Christmas and it was fun.

So funny......we took pictures for future embarrassment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched Dr. Dee the Alaska Vet.
The show was about duck penis. I admit I know nothing about ducks. I guess they are very exciteable sexually This one (Quackers) penis extendded too far and got stuck out there. No numbing....she just snipped off the part that looked like a dead grape vine. He's good to go now.

Castrating little piggies is a hoot too !!