Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nutritional all star.....
Canned Tuna - It's one of the most affordable proteins in the supermarket and it's packed with omega-3, vitamin D, and selenium, Snack on it with whole grain crackers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Canned Tuna - It's one of the most affordable proteins in the supermarket and it's packed with omega-3, vitamin D, and selenium, Snack on it with whole grain crackers.
Reminds me of the Lethal Weapon scene where the kids said they were boycotting tuna because the fishing kills dolphins.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Berries have high levels of antioxidants that may lower your risk of heart disease, some cancers, diabetes and cognitive decline.
Look for black raspberries, blueberries, cranberries and black currants.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nutritional all star....
Purple cabbage has the same eye-sight and brain protecting antioxidants as berries do, at a fraction of the cost.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Throughout my life, eggs were good and then they were bad, then the whites were good, but the yolks were bad. Coffee was the same way....good, then bad, back to good.
I've always used REAL butter and it's come around now to the good.

oldngray

nowhere special
Throughout my life, eggs were good and then they were bad, then the whites were good, but the yolks were bad. Coffee was the same way....good, then bad, back to good.
Its always been everything in moderation. Most of those studies use numbers that no normal person would reach (because most have an agenda).

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Years ago I read an excellent book by Dr. Dean Edell . He hosted a very popular radio show too.

anyway, his book is excellent. the gist of it is "all things in moderation"
simple but smart.

moreluck

golden ticket member
65 Years Ago

A little old lady from Wisconsin had worked in and around her family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk, with hours of hard work and little compensation.

When canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores in the 1940s, she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best slogan.

She thought to herself, I know everything there is to know about milk and dairy farms. I can do this! She sent in her entry, and several weeks later, a black car pulled up in front of her house.

A large man got out, knocked on her door and said, "Ma'am,.....The president of Carnation milk absolutely LOVED your entry.....So much, in fact, that we are here to award you $1,000 even though we will not be able to use it for our advertisements!"

He did, however, have one printed up to hang on his office wall. (Here it is:)

True story!!

Carnation Milk is best of all.
No tits to pull, no hay to haul
No buckets to wash, no :censored2: to pitch
Just poke a hole in the son-of-a-bitch!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Procrastinators' Club of America.

It's never too late to join this group. The club was formed in 1956, and its members receive a circular called Last Month's Newsletter. One of the group's causes was a peace march on Philadelphia's City Hall in 1966. Its purpose: to end the war of 1812. (it was successful)

moreluck

golden ticket member
aa0249f968b72e659495c13719b02be9.jpg

Rare vintage Tupperware salt and pepper shakers/

I have these next to my stove.......who knew I had vintage stuff???

moreluck

golden ticket member
80% of millionaires drive used cars.

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge, a quarter has 119.

A million dollars' worth of $100 bills weighs only 22 pounds!