Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
There is a rose ready to be picked and will go in a bud vase on my table today. I've been in CA. since '91 and it still amazes me that we can get roses on Christmas day!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hit the 50% off sale at 6:00 at Walmart (tradition) this morning. Got great sets of Oil of Olay, Dial, Dove, Adidas.....every set has 4 big bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner, body cream..........for half of $9.99 !! Usually, one of those bottles would be $6.99 in the regular stores.

Also, daughter left to go back to Vegas from our Walmart shopping trip. We had a great, relaxing visit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hit the 50% off sale at 6:00 at Walmart (tradition) this morning. Got great sets of Oil of Olay, Dial, Dove, Adidas.....every set has 4 big bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner, body cream..........for half of $9.99 !! Usually, one of those bottles would be $6.99 in the regular stores.

Also, daughter left to go back to Vegas from our Walmart shopping trip. We had a great, relaxing visit.

You woke her up early just to go to Walmart??

moreluck

golden ticket member
4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed.

88% of all humans are right handed.

Almost 40% of the top tennis pros are left-handed.

Bill Gates is left handed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was in line at the grocery store......wearing jeans, shoes and socks and a sweatshirt. I had just been in the frozen food aisle and was shivering cold.
There was a young thing (teenager) in front of me wearing Daisy Dukes, a tank top and flip flops. I just shivered and told her she made me cold. She laughed, I laughed......what a difference and what a wimp I am now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had 2 large glass jars of Libby's kraut. I couldn't open them. I tried the light tap around the edge of the lid. I also tries the pair of gloves with a rubber side for grip. Hubby tried too. I was ready to take them back to the store and get cans instead, but then had one more thing to try.
Hubby took them to the golf course...one of the workers is an ex-restaurant employee. He opened them easily. He punctured a small hole in the lid (with a knife) and that released the pressure and they opened easily. Our hero!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Insulating your attic reduces the amount of energy loss in most houses by up to 20%.

President George W. Bush is related to all other U.S. Presidents!

Rain contains vitamin B12.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter!

Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!

Rubber is one of the ingredients in bubble gum.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I found this rocking horse on a Christmas sale table this morning......had to have it. That's it, I'm done with
Christmas now. It stands a foot tall at the head.

Christmas Horse.JPG