Random Facts

LarryBird

Singer Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State anthem.
Not true.

Becuase he is no longer with us here on earth.

Random fact #1: He's in hell - for abusing little boys, after he got them drunk on 'Jesus Juice', which he may, or may not have, spiked with propofol.

Random fact #2: His family sold his remaining 50% stake in Sony/ATV publishing, which owns the rights to some of the world's most popular songs, including The Beatles back catalog, to Sony Music for $750m. Sony originally purchased the 1st half of ATV from Michael Jackson in the 90's when he was having money problems, which formed their joint partnership Sony/ATV with Jackson. Sony/ATV has since settled a lawsuit brought by Paul McCartney which allowed him to regain control of his music, and The Beatles catalog for undisclosed terms.

Random fact #3: Michael Jackson originally purchased ATV publishing in 1985 for $41.7m, outbidding Paul McCartney for his own songs and approx 3800 others.

Random fact #4: The estate of Michael Jackson retains ownership of his music publishing company Mijac Music, which controls his songs, in addition to a 10% stake in EMI music, along with thousands of other song catalogs by artists such as Sly and the family Stone, the songs of Gamble and Huff, and other songs made popular by Aretha Franklin, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles, and others. Sources place it's potential value at upwards of $1B.

Random fact #5: Owning songs is pretty :censored2:ing lucrative.

LarryBird

We know he died and we know about estates......you're just too on edge!!!

Not on edge at at. I'm sorry that
you-cant-handle-the-truth-which-movie-by-cinema-holics-5197994.png

But I thought this thread was about
Just-the-facts.jpg

...and that's all I was giving you there.

Simply correcting the record and giving you some additional facts about the King of Pop, his fondness for little boys, and the lucrative nature of the ownership of song publishing, maaaaaan.

Sorry for partying.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The secret of enjoying a good wine:
1.Open the bottle to allow it to breathe.
2. If it does not look like it's breathing give it mouth-to-mouth.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I feel like ordering a lot of stuff from Wayfair today. Workers threatened walk out doesn't make any sense.
You must want border kids NOT to have beds!!! I'm on Wayfair's side!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
I feel like ordering a lot of stuff from Wayfair today. Workers threatened walk out doesn't make any sense.
You must want border kids NOT to have beds!!! I'm on Wayfair's side!!!
Wayfair costs too much anyway.

Buy IKEA. And make them put together while they are waiting to be deported.