Random thoughts

Serf

Station Wagon/Vans used to be en vogue. Then it was the SUV. Now it is the CUV (crossover). Which is more or less a 4wd car. In America, it's always bigger is better. Most people don't drive in rough, austere terrain. But the idea of having the extra room and capability is oh so appealing.
I'll wait to dabble in the ridiculousness of dudes who drive friend-250's as daily drivers, but work in an office. Basically, random thoughts. With the cost of ownership, I wonder why more people don't see or care?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Station Wagon/Vans used to be en vogue. Then it was the SUV. Now it is the CUV (crossover). Which is more or less a 4wd car. In America, it's always bigger is better. Most people don't drive in rough, austere terrain. But the idea of having the extra room and capability is oh so appealing.
I'll wait to dabble in the ridiculousness of dudes who drive friend-250's as daily drivers, but work in an office. Basically, random thoughts. With the cost of ownership, I wonder why more people don't see or care?
We've had 2 vehicles with 4 wheel drive. We never used the feature in either one......one of our locations was Utah at the time. I guess we're city slickers.

Serf

We've had 2 vehicles with 4 wheel drive. We never used the feature in either one......one of our locations was Utah at the time. I guess we're city slickers.
I live in the Northeast and have never had a 4wd anything, just front wheel drive. And have been fine. Folks are amazed when you tell them how most times you must change all 4 tires on your AWD because mismatched wear can cause drive train issues.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a 4WD and only needed the extra traction a few times a year. Not really worth the extra expense. It did help in heavy snow but that was about the only time I used it. Too many idiots think they can drive crazy on ice with 4WD and end up in a ditch.

Serf

I should also preface, if you live in Texas & and drive a jacked up truck it is reasonably justified. No need to utilize parking garages for extra 12$ an hr. No need to parallel park. No need to pay extra in car wash for larger vehicles. No special tire tax for excess road wear and tear. Etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?