Random YouTube Video

laffter

And why didnt the driver shut it off?

What was the issue?

According to some of the comments for this video, oil was leaking into something something and the way to stop it would have been to plug the air intake. I'm pretty sure the driver did "shut" the car off. That's why the guy in the video was talking about killing the battery. But, according to the comments, that would not have helped.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
According to some of the comments for this video, oil was leaking into something something and the way to stop it would have been to plug the air intake. I'm pretty sure the driver did "shut" the car off. That's why the guy in the video was talking about killing the battery. But, according to the comments, that would not have helped.

Not being a jerk or anything, I just have never seen a car that could not be turned off. Not saying it cant happen just never seen or heard of it before and was am just wondering what would cause that. Sorry if I came of other then curious.

Logb17

No, its burning its own oil. There are no spark plugs in a diesel either. No way to shut it off. Either you wait for it to blow or choke it off.

They obviously don't know whats going on, since they are talking about unplugging the battery. Youtube "runaway diesel" you'll find more videos.

Poor guy is probably on the phone with his on car. "Just shut it off!"

Probably also thinking '****, they are gonna have to bring another truck out, transfer everything, looks like a late night....'

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
"What do you do with a smoking, fuming, or irritating package car. "

"Don't touch, leave area, notify supervisor, and take video "

There is no way in hell I'd get near that vehicle, never mind start working on it. I'm not a mechanic and don't pretend to be one at work. That thing blows up or you burn yourself working trying to stop it, do you actually think they wouldn't throw you under the bus citing the safety rabble they preach?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That car looks like a P-12, meaning it is a automatic. If it were an older stick shift, you could kill the engine by putting it into 4th gear and dumping the clutch with the parking brake set.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No, its burning its own oil. There are no spark plugs in a diesel either. No way to shut it off. Either you wait for it to blow or choke it off.

They obviously don't know whats going on, since they are talking about unplugging the battery. Youtube "runaway diesel" you'll find more videos.

Poor guy is probably on the phone with his on car. "Just shut it off!"

Probably also thinking '****, they are gonna have to bring another truck out, transfer everything, looks like a late night....'

I love those videos. Search Detroit 2 strokes. Glad we don't have many of those on the road anymore. Used to hate getting stuck behind one in traffic

dragracer66

I never seen it on a package car. I have seen it on a tractor though. The tractor had a seal go bad in the turbo and the oil that runs through it actually acted like fuel and kept it running at a maxed out rpm (like in this video). I tried everything to shut it off. It eventually tossed a rod out of the pan......