Rank & File 251 beware

Last night (Tuesday) I was heading to the Dunk to take in the PC game. As I was heading by the Holiday Inn downtown I noticed a large group of demonstrators wearing Teamster/ Strike Force jackets.Taibi, Santos,Maini, Williams,Torigian,Sayer, and many more Teamsters who I did not know were out in the height of a snow storm in support of helping organized labor. This is the tone they are setting, commitment to its members at any cost. They did not have to be there, however they were ! I also was impressed in my conversations with the newly elected the talk was about you ( the rank and file) filing greviences, being visible at the barns, and relentless hrs they are putting in. This is what makes the engine run on all cylinders. The rank and file voted for some new paper and paint last November, to your surprise they are building a new house for you. I walked away knowing it's all about the members.

Inthegame

I walked away knowing it's all about the members.
Good to hear they're out and about. Please remind these fellows they won and are leading all the members of L251, not just their supporters. If they really want unity, it's time to quit campaigning and take the negative crap about the old board off the website.

anonymous7

I have to agree, They have won for now!!! and hearing and seeing negativity about the old group is actually a turn off.. Just do what you SAID you could do and stop with all the accusations I see no charges being filed, no arrests made, sure does seem like plenty of lies thou, Reading thur this Forum I see Buster saying he SAW with his own eyes JB making a money deal with someone that was crooked. then when (stink) called him on it, he over heard it.. then he wasnt sure.. Really! I looked at the Web page and saw the Header "Moving ahead Overcoming Sabotage" why didnt you file chargers? Im a memeber and my dues pay for those things, Unless thats an Untruth. theses are questions I have, anyone help me out with them?

buster401

No I said I heard a conversation as I was standing outside of one of the BAs office. What I saw was JB running down to ups to rescue one of his inner circle members. I also said it's time to move on and focus on the future and hopefully NOBODY will have to face any charges. Lets move on kids!

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

No I said I heard a conversation as I was standing outside of one of the BAs office. What I saw was JB running down to ups to rescue one of his inner circle members. I also said it's time to move on and focus on the future and hopefully NOBODY will have to face any charges. Lets move on kids!

Sent using BrownCafe App
So your saying that if the new elect VP, Rec Sec or the Trustees can't get a day off for a contractual obligation such as "Union Business" for a JC10 meeting because an A-hole manager is being difficult, then the new Sec/Tres should not go to the barn to help mitigate that?

There is little loyalty in today's society. If you can turn your back on your brother then how can anyone trust you.

stink219

Sent using BrownCafe App
"Let's move on" starts from the top down. When the new folks can either file charges or take the slanderous made up remarks of "OUR LOCAL WEBSITE" then we can move on.
And can I refresh your memory with your posts?

Rather follow these guys then a crook like JB who likes to take money on the side from the companys. You obviously don't know the whole story either. I know what I witnessed "with my own eyes" not from the grape vine.

I didn't go away. I was outside a BAs office waiting to see him and "over heard something's" maybe I shouldn't have heard. That's all I'm saying. Whatever happened in the past is over and I'd like to worry about the future. Hopefully it's a bright future.

There is little loyalty in today's society. If you can turn your back on your brother then how can anyone trust you.

You know me...
I have to agree, They have won for now!!! and hearing and seeing negativity about the old group is actually a turn off.. Just do what you SAID you could do and stop with all the accusations I see no charges being filed, no arrests made, sure does seem like plenty of lies thou, Reading thur this Forum I see Buster saying he SAW with his own eyes JB making a money deal with someone that was crooked. then when (stink) called him on it, he over heard it.. then he wasnt sure.. Really! I looked at the Web page and saw the Header "Moving ahead Overcoming Sabotage" why didnt you file chargers? Im a memeber and my dues pay for those things, Unless thats an Untruth. theses are questions I have, anyone help me out with them?

What do you want to know about the sabotage? Not one conversation from the old leadership about the transition, they walked into empty offices, no contracts, destroyed hard drives, remote starters missing from cars, a donated library of labor history thrown in the dumpster, not to mention, hundreds and hundreds of files pulled from the dumpster. How do I know this? I was at the "Dues payer funded party" at the hall on January 1st that had no food, or alcohol allowed and cost the membership about 200 bucks for a locksmith. (It was the LAMEST New Years eve party I have ever been to...)

Why no charges filed? I dunno. Maybe the goal wasn't to screw over the old leadership? Maybe they have already filed charges, but are keeping it on the DL until an investigation is done? Maybe the new crew does due diligence with their research before shooting off the gun?

Sit tight, cupcake. Sit tight.

anonymous7

Now 251, there you go again not telling the whole truth seems to me that at our monthly meeting in Jan. Our new Contract Neg(one to which memebership never even voted on) thanked some old leadership for helping make a smooth transition, so what is it ? where they suppose to have the offices pre decorated for them? No Contracts, New Leadership claimed they were gonna get members raises 7%, teamster pensions, more sick time, better working enviorments who can compete with that? some members if I am correct actually voted down thier contract in order for The New Leadership to give them a better one. (Still remains to be seen)
Now, As for a "Dues payer funded New years eve party" it doesnt matter if there was food, drink or whatever I can understand the excitment of the new leadership wanting to go into the Hall and take over really I can,but to make a markery out of the potum with all kinds of poses and then posting all over Facebook just was disrespectful. That is where our leaders of the union stand not couples posing. Now, files in dumpsters, Im pretty sure if they were tring to destory things they would not have thrown them in the dumpster at the local. BTW, what were you or anyone else doing in the locals dumpster??? So your saying they destoryed computers? files? DUE DILIGENCE we must be in two different locals, have you seen the website, talked with any officer all they do is make accusations and bad mouth the old leadership to which NONE i mean NONE of it has been proven yet.

Sitting tight buttercup sitting tight

stink219

Maybe the new crew does due diligence with their research before shooting off the gun?
They did shoot the gun by promoting it on their website without all the facts. Now if nothing comes of this, what do you think the membership will think?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Now 251, there you go again not telling the whole truth seems to me that at our monthly meeting in Jan. Our new Contract Neg(one to which memebership never even voted on) thanked some old leadership for helping make a smooth transition, so what is it ? where they suppose to have the offices pre decorated for them? No Contracts, New Leadership claimed they were gonna get members raises 7%, teamster pensions, more sick time, better working enviorments who can compete with that? some members if I am correct actually voted down thier contract in order for The New Leadership to give them a better one. (Still remains to be seen)
Now, As for a "Dues payer funded New years eve party" it doesnt matter if there was food, drink or whatever I can understand the excitment of the new leadership wanting to go into the Hall and take over really I can,but to make a markery out of the potum with all kinds of poses and then posting all over Facebook just was disrespectful. That is where our leaders of the union stand not couples posing. Now, files in dumpsters, Im pretty sure if they were tring to destory things they would not have thrown them in the dumpster at the local. BTW, what were you or anyone else doing in the locals dumpster??? So your saying they destoryed computers? files? DUE DILIGENCE we must be in two different locals, have you seen the website, talked with any officer all they do is make accusations and bad mouth the old leadership to which NONE i mean NONE of it has been proven yet.

New member or just a changed name? Seems like a very familiar poster to me.

You know me...
Now 251, there you go again not telling the whole truth seems to me that at our monthly meeting in Jan. Our new Contract Neg(one to which membership never even voted on) thanked some old leadership for helping make a smooth transition, so what is it ?

I know about as much as you do, sugar lips. Everything I suggested was hypothetical. But I did notice the shout out to JC in Jan, thought it was a pretty classy move...

You know me...
but to make a markery out of the potum with all kinds of poses and then posting all over Facebook just was disrespectful.

I actually agree with this and voiced my opinion about it loud and clear.

buster401

Well said 251 well said my brother. It's out of our hands so why worry about it. We need to concentrate on making ups a better workplace for ourselves and to try to back the new guys in whatever way we can. I love the job they are doing so far and so don't a lot of other guys I have talked to. If your one of the newly elected stewards reading this I say thank you for stepping up and doing a fine job.

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Question: Who is responsible for the information on the local union website? Who writes it and posts it?